Made some swirl soap!! - OH NO HELP!!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you pH test the bubbles? I had something sort of similar happen to a batch just a few days ago, but mine looked like salt or sugar all over the top, it ended up being lye that had come to the surface. Eeeep!

Well to make a long story short and sorry I did NOT want to come back to this thread from pure embarrassment, as I thought that would be a LOVELY loaf! But when I cut into it, it had pockets of lye :( I tried to re-batch it the next day and I ruin scortched the you know what out of it..... I will make ALL my soap at night now, when all the kids are nestled in bed, heehee.

Wish I could at least blame kids for my bad batch haha I think it was just the FO in my case. Kinda made me all disgruntled with soap for a day or 2 but I've made successful batches again since and loving it again ;)

I know the feeling I have had some of the worst mishaps!!!! But than one good batch makes it all the better... That is why I have decided to do HP for awhile.... CP has had a lot of recent disappointments for me. I am really liking how my HP soap are turning out. ;)

I'm sorry to hear you lost that beautiful looking batch, RikRaks.

I've scorched a couple of batches too. They look disgusting, like cottage cheese, only one batch was blue. Bleu cheese, anyone?
_yuck__by_deejaylobo.gif
And I don't even have cats or kids as an excuse.

I hope you can post pics of your new batches. You make pretty soap.

Hello Rikraks-
I have been experimenting with oven gelling, too. I have some batches that
had a bumpy surface. The main color actually puffed a little & covered the
swirl. When I shaved the top off, the swirl was much more obvious. Others
separated with oil on top.

I gave up doing it in the oven for awhile, then I read a post that someone
let the 170 degree oven cool to 150 before they put the batch in. I tried
that, and got success! (be sure to cover with either foil or plastic
wrap to keep out the air & avoid ash. Walk away and in the morning- soap!

Latest posts

Back