Made a soap mold and cutting board so naturally I made some soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wigwom

Reaction score
I am big about making stuff out of pallets so I relished the chance to make a soap mold and cutting board out of them. Of course, after I made the two I had to make some soap to test it out. So I made a batch of chamomile tea soap, I used paprika and turmeric to color it. I put the images in an album on imgur so I'll just link to it.

http://imgur.com/a/S2Oso

I used a rotary saw to cut mine out and since the board were extremely rough, I had to sand them smooth. In the end I like the way it all turned out.

Early AM soap chores

I've got my soap station ready to go for my first mantra swirl, lavender soap. I cut out the cardboard with the pieces of cardboard at the ends to stabilize it and a hoping it will work well. My colors are selected and as soon as I finish a few household chores, I'll get to it.

First I need to watch the video again. I'm a newbie soaper who needs a lot of review of everything, and a reminder list of what order to do what, before I made a soap. This is only my 3rd CP soap, but I'm determined to try all of these beautiful swirls. The first hanger swirl came out pretty well, so I was encouraged to try more and different swirls.

I haven't tried to color any CP soap yet, only made CP once, but I have been thinking about trying it in the near future. I really like making HP soap because you don't have to wait 4-6 weeks to try out my creations hehe.

@cmzaha thanks for the advice, I'll try that.
@DWinMadison using pallets is something new I have just started and love it. My first project with making things with pallets was a table. It might not look professional but that's what I like most about it.

Latest posts

Back