Lye!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do Canadian soapers have a better place to buy lye than Home Hardware? When I started making soap I paid $15/3 liters. Today it is $42.99!
Litres? Is it liquid? That seems strange - mine is in little granules.
I can only get 500g containers if I buy it from the hardware store here. The price is about $NZ6.70 - so that equates to about $CAN10.70 per kg, or $CAN32.10 for 3kg. The price doesn't seem to have varied much since pre-covid - maybe it's gone up by 20c or so.

I can only get 500g containers if I buy it from the hardware store here. The price is about $NZ6.70 - so that equates to about $CAN10.70 per kg, or $CAN32.10 for 3kg. The price doesn't seem to have varied much since pre-covid - maybe it's gone up by 20c or so.
They're granules. And it's 3 kg. I checked the pricing at my Home Hardware store and, yup, $42.99. That's gone up something like $10/jar in the past few months, if I remember correctly. Thankfully, I bought three jars last time I was there.

Sorry! Like @ KiwiMoose said, it's kg. Not sure what made me say liters!

Latest posts

Back