Lurker by Nature

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

artemis

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Once upon a time, about a year ago, my son decided to be George Washington Carver for a school project. Of all the things GWC made from peanuts, my son chose to make soap. We found way too many complicated recipes (I wasn't looking for another craft/hobby) and finally stumbled onto simple, straightforward instructions. 30% coconut, 30% olive, 30% Roasted peanut oil. My young Mr. Carver happily took his soap to school (smelling a little like peanut shells) and we've been experimenting with recipes ever since. I make small (16 oz of oil) recipes because I like variety, but have very little space. Over the summer, my sister-in-law watched me make a batch and she's been hooked, too.

shunt2011

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Love your story!

Seawolfe

Reaction score
That's awesome! Now I'm curious as to what the soap was like...
Welcome - we love experiments :)

artemis

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Seawolfe, it was a recipe that was measured in cups and tablespoons (I know, I know), so I wouldn't make it that way again, but it did make a lovely first ever batch. We like peanut oil in our soap, but the roasted variety definitely left a distinct peanut smell.

dixiedragon

Reaction score
Seawolfe, it was a recipe that was measured in cups and tablespoons (I know, I know), so I wouldn't make it that way again, but it did make a lovely first ever batch. We like peanut oil in our soap, but the roasted variety definitely left a distinct peanut smell.
Mine was too! No judgement!

I have never seen roasted peanut oil. It sounds AMAZING>