An Introduction and a Thank You

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
While I am new to join the forum, I have been an avid reader and "lurker" for more than 2 years.

I have a small cottage in a resort area that I rent out in July & August and have bought handmade goat milk guest soaps for years for the summer guests. 3 years ago, my costs for each soap was raised from 75 cents a guest bar to $1.55. We put out 3 bars per booking. I started searching for a new supplier and trying out new soaps...many were really bad soaps. Then I happened to stumble upon a You Tube video (who by the way, I had purchased one of her goat milk soaps) and thought " maybe I'll make my own" which sent me down a months and months long rabbit hole....

Until I picked 3 recipes to try.

Hooked. More than 80 batches later....

While I spiraled down my rabbit hole trying to learn, I stumbled upon this forum. It has been such a fount of help and knowledge. I know there are tons of FB pages, but I don't [won't] do FB and have been so thankful for the generosity of the people here.

I don't sell soaps.
But, I bought another small place that I will rent out next summer and I will continue making my own for these cottages as well as gifts and for the local food bank and women's center. My heart felt appreciation and gratitude to all helping on this board.

Welcome, Lakee! It sounds like you are hooked!

My SIL asked me to make soap for her & my brother's house that they are working on for when they start listing it with AirBnB. I immediately made her some goat milk guest soaps, and the house is still being renovated. It may never be ready for renting out at the pace they are doing the renovations, but they are having a lot of fun doing the work (a little bit at a time.) That first batch of guest soaps will be so well cured that I'll have a hard time creating anything as nice, I would venture to guess.

Latest posts

Back