Lurker by Nature

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artemis

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Once upon a time, about a year ago, my son decided to be George Washington Carver for a school project. Of all the things GWC made from peanuts, my son chose to make soap. We found way too many complicated recipes (I wasn't looking for another craft/hobby) and finally stumbled onto simple, straightforward instructions. 30% coconut, 30% olive, 30% Roasted peanut oil. My young Mr. Carver happily took his soap to school (smelling a little like peanut shells) and we've been experimenting with recipes ever since. I make small (16 oz of oil) recipes because I like variety, but have very little space. Over the summer, my sister-in-law watched me make a batch and she's been hooked, too.

That's awesome! Now I'm curious as to what the soap was like...
Welcome - we love experiments :)

Seawolfe, it was a recipe that was measured in cups and tablespoons (I know, I know), so I wouldn't make it that way again, but it did make a lovely first ever batch. We like peanut oil in our soap, but the roasted variety definitely left a distinct peanut smell.

Seawolfe, it was a recipe that was measured in cups and tablespoons (I know, I know), so I wouldn't make it that way again, but it did make a lovely first ever batch. We like peanut oil in our soap, but the roasted variety definitely left a distinct peanut smell.

Mine was too! No judgement!

I have never seen roasted peanut oil. It sounds AMAZING>

Back