Lotion Bars - a question?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donee'

Reaction score
What makes lotion bars special? From a sales perspective. How do they differ from normal lotion carried around?
How would you sell the benefits of a lotion bar?

Differentiators from normal lotion.

I dont do any form of lotion bar or liquid anything but it has always fascinated me.

I make a ton of solid lotion bars, and they sell themselves, All natural, local beeswax, won't spill in your purse, I leave small samples on my table and offer them to anyone with questions, I had 3 orders of 2 dozen bars for Christmas gifts. I am thrilled with them and I use them daily. I purchased a 10 pack of containers at the Dollar tree to both mold and package in.

I like them in a little metal tin in my purse. No spill no muss. I pick up and rub on my cuticles when I have urge to pick. Richer than most lotions (to me)

I have made some “after shower” bars that I slather on wet skin (willlook to see if I have the recipe. I like them a lot cuz it seems to lock moisture in. I MAY have tried to make a hair conditioner bar and did not like it so re-purposed it. Hmmmmm. What did I do with my note? Lol

I make a ton of solid lotion bars, and they sell themselves, All natural, local beeswax, won't spill in your purse, I leave small samples on my table and offer them to anyone with questions, I had 3 orders of 2 dozen bars for Christmas gifts. I am thrilled with them and I use them daily. I purchased a 10 pack of containers at the Dollar tree to both mold and package in.
how do you package them or are they just loose in peoples bags?

I do not make Lotion Bars, instead of bars I put the balm in 2 oz jars in case they melt. It is funny I was never able to sell it in bar form but sell very well in jars. I also found I had to add in more beeswax when in bar form and did not like the feel.

Lotion bars can work two ways, hold the water in if applied to damp skin or hold water out if applied to dry skin especially hands if you are in and out of water a lot.

I do not make Lotion Bars, instead of bars I put the balm in 2 oz jars in case they melt. It is funny I was never able to sell it in bar form but sell very well in jars. I also found I had to add in more beeswax when in bar form and did not like the feel.

Lotion bars can work two ways, hold the water in if applied to damp skin or hold water out if applied to dry skin especially hands if you are in and out of water a lot.
Interesting
Thank you

I have made some “after shower” bars that I slather on wet skin (willlook to see if I have the recipe. I like them a lot cuz it seems to lock moisture in.

Ditto all the above^^^. Instead of traditional lotion bars, I actually prefer the after-feel of lotion bars when made in the form of an after-shower-lotion-bar to be used in the shower or bath on wet or damp skin. I make mine using decorative indy soap molds and place them on a soap dish on my shower door ledge/sill. I don't make or use them often- just at certain extra arid times of the year.

I also prefer the feel of an emulsified body butter over that of a traditional lotion bar and keep a small squeeze bottle of it in my purse. Water seems to be the key......if there's no water either on my skin or in the actual formula itself as with my emulsified body butter, it just doesn't provide as much of a hydrating effect to my skin.

IrishLass :)

Latest posts

Back