Loosing wieght

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tabitha

Reaction score
I am going to lose 20 pounds by July 4th.

Anyone want to join me?

Tabitha? Didn't we do this before? Ya'll lost it, and I found it.

That said, I'm game.

Hmmm, 20 pounds.

I'm pretty sure this is going to require me to do horrid things like eat better and exercise, things I avoid at all costs.....but what the hey, I've been meaning to lose some weight anyway !

I'm game :)

OK, what I am doing is:

watching calories
adding fiber
walking
no eating later than 2 hours before bedtime

My goal is to at or below 1500 daily.

I enter my food each evening at www.calorie-counters.com & it tells me how many calories I totalled minus any excercise. Very easy & esp good for people addicted to computers :wink: .

ETA: I changed my calorie goal from 1300 daily to 1500. I made a mistake the 1st time when I was crunching my numbers. 1500 is more reasonable & more doable.

I would be thrilled with 10 pounds. 15 would be great. Let's just say...I wintered well. I have NEVER counted calories. Just go back and forth with really bad eating habits.

I am in. Will look into the calorie counter.

ETA: My anti-spyware just blocked the calorie counter :?

Will look into the calorie counter.

I am not nutty about the calorie counter. It's just very informative to see things you assumed were low in calories are very high & vica-versa. It just helps me to make more informed descisions.

Tabitha said:
Will look into the calorie counter.

I am not nutty about the calorie counter. It's just very informative to see things you assumed were low in calories are very high & vica-versa. It just helps me to make more informed descisions.

LOL-My decisions are very informed! I just choose to overlook :shock:

Yay, Tabitha, you can do it! I'm on a push to finish up my weight loss and tone up, so the hubby and I are going to the gym 6x a week right now. He's lost 95 pounds so far, while mine is a way more modest loss of 20 pounds.

Ilovesoap,

I do know what you mean. It is funny, my whole life I tried to gain weight. I was a waif, but about 5 years ago my story changed. My kids are 11 & 7 so I can't even blame it on that. I gained weight 2 years after having my second child.

OMG I'm game. I gained about 15 - 20 lbs this winter. Had to buy a ton of new clothes : ( LOL. All my favorite jeans are WAY too small. I look in the mirror and wonder what happened. I just quit smoking too so now I'm doubly freaking out over my weight.

Jody said:
OMG I'm game. I gained about 15 - 20 lbs this winter. Had to buy a ton of new clothes : ( LOL. All my favorite jeans are WAY too small. I look in the mirror and wonder what happened. I just quit smoking too so now I'm doubly freaking out over my weight.

WTG! My DH quit about 5 years ago, after trying to quit several times. It was so hard...on both of us! Good for you!

So on the weight loss front, does it count that I have not yet had my evening snacks??? That is my latest bad habit...that is a tough one!

I quit about 18 years ago for 5 years and then started again. It is sooooo unhealthy and EXPENSIVE. I would rather spend my money on soap making supplies : )

Jody said:
I quit about 18 years ago for 5 years and then started again. It is sooooo unhealthy and EXPENSIVE. I would rather spend my money on soap making supplies : )

Yeah, that is for sure! I know that it quitting is truely one of the hardest things to do, even as a witness to my DH! Good for you!

Count me in! I have lost 8 lbs since February. Not much, but at least in the right direction. I exercise at a health club 3 days a week. My issue is stuffing my face and basically eating too much. The story of my life... :roll: I stopped smoking years and years ago. I put on weight, but not that much.

Yay girls, you lose weight if it's what you want to do.
But something that I have learnt after years and years of self obsessive dieting, eating disorders, gym visits, 5am runs,and calorie counting...none of it works and won't make you a happier person unless you are already happy with yourself inside.
That said, it took me to get to my thirties and have a fourth child to reach that point. All through my pregnancies I watched every calorie for fear of "blimping out" and not being able to lost the weight that I had gained.
Then I had my last baby (after a seven year gap) and something inside me changed. I decided to stop punishing myself. Eat what I want, try to be healthy and make good choices most of the time, but balance it out with the occasional treat and not beat myself up about it. The 80/20 rule.
I'm good 80% of the time, and the other 20% I'm not going to talk about!!
And I've also realised, DH don't care what I weigh, he loves me anyway!!

ChrissyB,

I am sure you had the best intentions when you wrote what you did, but it sure sounds like a lecture...

I love soap! said:
I'll take the extra pounds lol

Don't wish for that! I was a skinny little thing, size 3, until I had my last baby.

Latest posts

Back