Loosing wieght

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OOOOH No Tabitha, I definitely didn't mean for that to sound like a lecture at all. Please, I apologise.
All I was trying to say that I think, as women, we put too much pressure on ourselves, on top off all the other tasks we have in our lives, and we just need to ease up on ourselves.
That's all.
Please, I really didn't mean for anyone to take it the way that you did. :cry:

I don't think that ChrissyB sounded like a lecture. I do think that she missed the mark with me and a lot of other people. I am over weight by around 35 lbs. I am happy in my marriage and in my family. My kids love me to no end and are precious. My business is very good, my life is very good. I feel very fulfilled. My husband never cared about my size. I am always beautiful to him. I was the same size now that I was back then when we got married. I am overweight because I ENJOY eating, just like I enjoy my life. I have no debt, no enemies, no sordid past, no addictions, no bad habits, etc... I happen to over eat because I enjoy food.

Many of us are HAPPY eaters who simply need some support to take off those extra pounds.

Mandarin said:
I happen to over eat because I enjoy food.

Yeah...worked in good restaurants all of my life and LOVE food! Since I have moved out in the country with no restaurants, I tend to over indulge in the cooking department. Getting Bon Appetite does not help either!

Ugh. I sooooo should be doing this, but I'm weeeeaaaak. Check out this picture my kid snapped the other night. Just how many chins do I NEED anyway?!!

chins.jpg

I just quit 3 1/2 weeks ago and I'm havin a hard time letting it go but I know it can be done. Now just say that to my mouth which keeps wanting to pop food in to fill the void!

Sibi said:
I just quit 3 1/2 weeks ago and I'm havin a hard time letting it go but I know it can be done. Now just say that to my mouth which keeps wanting to pop food in to fill the void!

Good for you Sibi. I am taking the new pill and it works really good. I still have my husband smoking right in front of me and today had him, brother and mother all in the same little room and it didn't bother me very much. I had a fleeting thought but I really don't even want to smoke on these pills. It's the weight that is bothering me and if I have gained 15 - 20 lbs in the last year while smoking I am freaking now at how much I might gain not smoking. So far (about 3 weeks as well Sibi) I don't THINK I have been over eating.

I dont smoke, so I cant really be telling you anything about quitting? Coffee, maybe... haha. Im not sure if any of you are familiar with Dr Mercola, but he is an anti-mainstream doctor if you would like to call it that. I found it interesting how he believes sugar is more addictive than smoking. He thinks people should get their diet affairs in order before quitting smoking.
And no, aspartame and splenda dont count towards you having a good diet. Nice try!

Here is one article... http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2001/06/16/sugar-part-one.aspx
He has many others on his site. Very informative. But, sometimes he can get a little intense, so dont take all his recommendations to heart.

Good luck to you all!

Jeff,
If I stopped drinking pop I'd lose 470 lbs. (Okay, slight exaggeration). I have a serious diet coke habit, but I rationalize it by saying I don't have any other vices and I deseeeerrrrrrve a little pop. I know, right?
I'll probably be dead in a week from all the artificial sweeteners.

LJA, you have lovely hair.
I would never have noticed your chin if you hadn't have marked all over your photo.
I'm sorry girls, I was really trying to be supportive of you all how ever you weigh. I am overweight now, for the last 2 years or so, and I am the happiest I have ever been in my life. I love food too. I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, but I do eat. It's what I like to do....
I was just trying to say that in this weight war sometimes we are our own worst enemies...
Peace girls... :oops:

ChrissyB said:
LJA, you have lovely hair.
I would never have noticed your chin if you hadn't have marked all over your photo.
I'm sorry girls, I was really trying to be supportive of you all how ever you weigh. I am overweight now, for the last 2 years or so, and I am the happiest I have ever been in my life. I love food too. I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, but I do eat. It's what I like to do....
I was just trying to say that in this weight war sometimes we are our own worst enemies...
Peace girls... :oops:

Very true. Remember being a teen and picking apart every part of ourselves? My hips are too big, my knees are too boney, my eyes are the wrong color....
I weighed 115 pounds soaking wet. Was I crazy? LOL!

As we get older, we learn to value the insides more and love the outer wrapper warts and all. Obviously, the extra 20 pounds doesn't bug me too much or I'd put down the ho-hos, right? :wink:
You're a wise woman, Chrissy. And thanks about the hair...lol.

Thank you LJA, that's exactly what I was trying to say.
My daughter turns 14 in a couple of weeks, and it pains me to see her follow what her friends do/think like they are all a heard of sheep or something.
She has put on a little puppy fat going through puberty, she's gotten boobs and a bum in the last year, but she hasn't gotten any taller, so she thinks she's this big lump, I keep telling her she will get taller soon too and it will all be in proportion.
I just want her to see the beautiful girl that I see.
:cry:
I remember what it was like at that age, if you aren't the right size or shape, then you don't fit in. And society plays a big part in how we feel about ourselves.
I'm sitting here stuffing my face with chips as I type.... :lol:

Latest posts

Back