looking for a soap planner

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deg195

Reaction score
Hi all- I am looking to purchase a soap planner to plane the tops and side of a soap batch that I recently made- where do I find such a thing? I saw BB has bevelers but I am thinking this is defferent than what I am looking for...
Thanks, Barb

Last edited:
New12soap- thanks, I have been googling but not on etsy this is exactly what I am looking for!!!yay

Hi, I the owner of Medieval Soap; the etsy link given above was to my shop.

I noticed I had a lot of traffic coming from this site and found the post :)

It's $14 cheaper than soap making resource and doesn't get gummy soap residue on it like theirs does. I had one of theirs and had to keep washing it every 15-20 bars because it got gunky. The wood used for mine is much better, and stays cleaner which is awesome when you have to plane/bevel 200 bars of soap before a fair. Furthermore $39 plus shipping is steep. I make soap...I know how pricey things can get so I really strive to be affordable and fair. If for any reason you don't like mine I will let you return it no questions asked. I have sold about 40 of them and never had a return.

Also, even though mine is wood you can still wash it with warm water and simply towel dry it and let it air dry after that.

I also make log and easy cut slab molds.

Just thought I would weigh in :)

Thanks,
Christina

Christina some of that traffic was from me. I purchased the planer and the easy cut slab mold. They both look awesome and I can't wait to get them and try them out.

I received my shipment yesterday which was VERY fast! I will provide updates soon on how the planer (and the easy cut slab mold) works.

Back