Looking for a good musky/leathery/tobacco FO - have a fave?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapsugoii

Reaction score
I want to make a soap for a friend that's musky but not spicy per se. Anyone have an FO they love? Been looking around at a few suppliers and not sure which I should get

Re: Looking for a good musky/leathery/tobacco FO - have a fa

Egyptian Musk from Oregon Trails is very nice. No spice notes, just musk with a hint of vanilla to my nose. The scent gets richer as it cures. Discolors to a tan/brown.

Oh, almost forgot - Santa's Pipe smells just like cherry tobacco. I call it Grandpa's Pipe. I think I got it from BB (or was it WSP?) quite some time ago.

I like BB's Leather. It reminds me of walking into Wilson's Leather when I was younger, smelling the new jackets. Not so much a tobacco cowboy type smell, but still very masculine without being overpowering at all. I make it with pumice specially for my husband.

I second Santa's Pipe. I love the version that I get from SweetCakes. It's an awesome cherry-tobacco scent. Another one that's worth trying is Twilight Woods from Peak's. I just soaped a sample of it a few weeks ago and it's an awesome, woodsy, musky scent.

IrishLass :)

Thanks guys! :) I'll be purchasing some of those soon. I'll let you know how the soap turns out

Back