looking for a good "manly" fo

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honor435

Reaction score
anyone have ideas of ones they love? I have tried kentish rain, and drakkar.

Try mixing Bay Rum with Lavender - or Dragon's Blood on its own - I find the guys really like that combination as well as Lavender & Patchouli...

Used motor oil with a splash of gasoline perhaps? :D

Aquavelva and Old Spice are both pretty classic man-scents, they should be pretty inexpensive, too.

I like Rainforest from WSP. It's unisex, really...but I dig it. It also discolors to a manly beautiful brown with grey undertones.

Masculine Musk from SweetCakes

Old Spice from Oregon Trails (watch out- it's a seizer in CP, but it HP's beautifully)

Salty Sailor from Daystar (pretty unisex, but the men among my family and friends go gah-gah over it)

Green Irish Tweed from just about anywhere (never had a bad one yet)

Mineral Waters Spa from Daystar (it siezes in CP if you use it above .4 oz ppo, but it's so strong that using .4 oz ppo is equivalent in scent strength to any other FO used at .7 oz ppo.

Midsummer's Night from WSP

Paradise from Daystar (fresh, unisex, effervescent lime scent that both the men and women amongst my family and friends go gah-gah over)

IrishLass :)

green irish tweed is very nice. There are lots of dupes of lots of mens scents in most soap stores.

x

a popular one around here is ginger bread-gingersnap-gingerspice.

i also like to use allspice e/o, either alone or blended with orange, lime or lemon.

lavender.dreams.candles said:
I found out a new fo from my cousins b/f..... Ever thought of Fresh Cut Grass ???.....It's suppose to be really good .

I've been wanting to try that one...

stonehenge runes. i have a cheap thrills of that one and i want to rub it all over my dh. i haven't soaped with it so i don't know how it reacts but it smells divine.

ETA- this stuff stinks in B&B to me. i now hate the scent!

Northern Pines, Bamboo & Teak, and "Happy Men Type" from NDA are my favourite man scents!

I third the Bay Rum for men...

And you can never go wrong with some of the cologne knock-offs, like Cool Water.

Well, I am tardy to the party. :D I still have to say Sweet Cakes Masculine Musk and Tony's Black Pepper.

Back