Looking for a good Gardenia

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too. So far I have tried Camden Gray and Peak and they were both just ok. Peak was the better. Might have to break out of cheap mode here.:D

I really like the gardenia from Majestic Mountain Sage, it's not 100% like sticking your nose into a gardenia blossom and sniffing but it's close to my nose. It doesn't discolor at all, but it definitely moves things along at a brisk pace (not surprisingly), and the scent seems to stick really well in CP.

Brambleberry Fragrance

Has anyone tried the BB version? I have been thinking about ordering it.

I've tried WSP and really liked it. It was pretty strong...I think it heated up a bit faster than the norm, but most florals do in my experience.

Re: Brambleberry Fragrance

cmd439 said:

I have - to MY nose it is very realistic, but two people have told me that while they like the smell, they don't think it smells like Gardenia. YMMV. No morphing or fading. Can't remember if it accelerated or not - I can't find my notes on that batch.

Re: Brambleberry Fragrance

ChrisShepp said:
cmd439 said:

I have - to MY nose it is very realistic, but two people have told me that while they like the smell, they don't think it smells like Gardenia. YMMV. No morphing or fading. Can't remember if it accelerated or not - I can't find my notes on that batch.

Thank you for your input! I think I'm going to give it a shot on my next order :D

I grew up with 3 gardenia bushes outside my bedroom window and BB's smells nothing like them. In my opinion BB's Gardenia is awful. I said the same thing on another forum (years ago) and Anne Marie sent me a bar she made so I could smell it. It stinks. Maybe in MP or no gel CP it might be alright. Dottie

The gardenia scent that Crabtree and Evelyn used to carry was really nice. They don't carry it anymore. I wonder if anyone would still do a dupe of it?

DottieF. said:
I grew up with 3 gardenia bushes outside my bedroom window and BB's smells nothing like them. In my opinion BB's Gardenia is awful. I said the same thing on another forum (years ago) and Anne Marie sent me a bar she made so I could smell it. It stinks. Maybe in MP or no gel CP it might be alright. Dottie

Do you remember what you think it smelled like? I would appreciate your input.

My absolute favorite Gardenia is from MMS. I have tried so many because it is such a great seller. There is nothing like the Gardenia Lily from MMS.

I am not a floral fan so IDK if it is true to the real thing or not but my customers love the Gardenia Blossom from Mill Creek...

I like the gardenia from starrvillecandleandsupply.com
They are located here in Texas in Longview and Tyler. I've ordered gardenia from other places, but this is the one I like best,and have had the most success with.

Latest posts

Back