licorice root and lotions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unmouton

Reaction score
I've been wanting to make a face lotion with some soothing properties, and licorice root is known for some of its anti-inflammatory and de-sensitizing properties.

Is licorice root powder acceptable to add to a lotion? I've only experimented with liquid additives in the past, so I'm not sure the powder would disperse properly or do what I want it to do.

Thanks!

re licorice root powder

I have found that if you google a phrase such as MAKE LOTION USING LICORICE ROOT POWDER you will most likely get many HITS ,that is if no one on the board has worked with it before. What other things have you used in your lotions ? There are many EO's with skin soothing properties, fennel, chamomile,carrot seed,neroli,vetever,and my favorite
bulgarian rose otto which I buy in small amounts because of the cost and mostly use for me and my daughter,or those I find worthy. :lol: Yuo could also use licorice root extract,which is already in liquid form.

Latest posts

Back