Lemongrass soap suggestions please

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cal43

Reaction score
I want to make CP soap with Lemongrass EO, but I want to use a natural light green colorant. What can you suggest? I also read the Litea EO will anchor the lemongrass scent. If so, what’s the ratio? TIA

I use lemongrass all alone and find it is quite strong and lasts. For natural color I haven't had much luck with green lasting or being a true green, they always turned brown on me. I gave up on most natural colorants years ago. Some have good luck, not me.

I have used nettle leaf powder for color and it makes a nice soft green. It wont be a uniform color, solid like a colorant would be but it is nice and lasts.

The soap queen has a book--Pure Soapmaking -that has two pages of soaps colored with natural ingredients and how they look freshly made and 5 months later. Nettle seems to hold up reasonably well.

Last edited:
Same here Lemograss for me stays well and no need for any anchor.
Natural colours as already said look fab at first and then do tend to turn muddy, I have used fine ground parsley powder which wasn't too bad but still looses it vibrancy in time, I only used to sprinkle for flecks rather than a whole green soap.

Back