Layering issue

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxxx39

Reaction score
I took a stab at making layered soaps in my silicone loaf pan last night. I poured the first layer and let it set for about 45 minutes. I colored the second layer and poured it on top of the first and let them set overnight. This morning I went to cut them and the layers fell apart!! :shock: They formed very nicely they look good smell good but only one is holding together..What did I do wrong?? They're usable I scented them with Leather FO,Cashmere Woods FO and Sandalwood FO.

Hi, did you spray with alcohol before you put your second layer on?

Sally

I sure didn't(hitting self in head repeatedly) and I do have some...well it could have been worse....

I had the same problem this morning..
I did a lite spray between the layers but they still fell apart..

Help would be appreciated..

Hello Everyone
I'd like to reply to the issues you are having....because I too had those issues. I was doing a black and white.....results were a failure. I saw somewhere where if you use the alcohol....but then take a fork and score the soap between layers might help this problem. I have been doing CP soap for a while but am going to go back to MP soap. So try using the fork and scoring your soap to see if that helps the problem. Good Luck!

Sanctuary

I had that happen with my sugar scrub soaps using M&P, but I did run out of alcohol rub halfway through so thought it might be that, I will try scoring with a fork when I do my next batch.

I spray each layer GENEROUSLY with alcohol before pouring the next layer. I think the generous spraying with alcohol may be the trick. I has always worked for me.

Latest posts

Back