Breaded Pork Chop Twist

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am guessing no one has heard of this method of making breaded pork chops. This is how I learned from my Armenian MIL and it is my hubby's favorite dinner along with Applesauce, mashed potatoes, and creamed peas. I tweaked her breading a little by using half Italian bread crumbs and panko and adding a tad more seasoning to the crumb mix. I season flour and dust either pork steaks, bone-in, or boneless chops, not thin cut, shaking off the excess flour, then dip in egg wash and the breading mix. Let the chops rest for at least 30 min for the breading to set, longer is fine. Fry quickly to brown on both sides and remove from your pan, you are not cooking the chops at this point just browning them. I will mention these are not crispy fried chops but moist chops. Now you need a steamer lined with bread, lay your chops on the bread slices, and steam for 40-45 min depending on the thickness of the chops.

My mother hated fried pork chops but she also loved them cooked this way. I will mention that I do not like pork chops but I also eat them cooked this way and the cream peas are really good on baked or mashed potatoes. They might not sound good because you have never heard of breaded chops this way but if you have a double boiler with a steamer pan it is at least worth trying once.

Latest posts

Back