Lavender/Vanilla EO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stepherz

Reaction score
I recently posted a question about how much EO to put into my batch of soap and I had several folks answer for me-- thanks! One person mentioned that vanilla discolors. Yikes! I didn't know that but the EO smells so yummy that I can't just not use it. I had bought some liquid soap colarant on eBay in purple. If I use this colorant with the soap which will be miscolored from the vanilla-- will I end up with some funky ugly looking soap when it cures? The oils were pretty expensive, so I'm not really excited about coming out with an ugly bar-- I'll experiment with colors when I'm working with cheaper oils.

Hmmm, sounds like I'm talking myself out of using that EO. I also forgot what my question was exactly... How about this-- does the vanilla discolor terribly? That's a great place to start...

Thanks, y'all!

Steph
50504450.jpg
[/img]

I use a Lavendar EO and a vanilla FO. I use .4 oz Lavendar / .2 oz Vanilla per lb. I've only just used it in whipped soap, it only tints that soap slightly. I don't know about that equation in regular cp.

I have used vanilla FO's in CP at .4 oz mixed w/another FO at .2 per llb, I got a very dark bar like the color of brownies or chocolate cake.

It's just something that I've grown to accept It's not an ugly soap, just brown. I probably wouldn't try to color it with anything else. So in answer to your question, does it discolor terribly: yup pretty much.

Hope that helps :)

Back