Lavender Soap đź’ś

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I made my first lavender soap last week. I placed it inside the refrigerator and let it sit there for 24 hours. Upon cutting it, I noticed these circle lines in the middle of my soap (please see photo). I've read that this is due to my soap not pushing through with the gel phase because it cooled quickly. Is this still okay to use? Will the circle line fade or will it stay intil it is fully cured?
IMG_20201208_160537.jpg
IMG_20201212_111922.jpg

The soap is fine, but the circle will stay for the life of the bar.

If the circle bothers you, you could put the soap back in the mold, and pop it in a 170°f oven, turn it off after 5 minutes, and (without opening the door) leave it in for an hour. Then take it out, let it cool for the rest of the way, and take the soap back out of the mold. That should force gel on the remainder of the soap, removing the ring.

If you like the circle or don't mind the circle, there's no need to do anything. Enjoy the soap!

How to get lavender or purple color I tried today by adding td to turn lighter then add lavender mixed in oil then sb and poured looks like gonna b light almost white was I wrong n add TD or I should’ve just add lavender mica to oils

Parial gel can be annoying, but yours is really pretty! I'd call it 'Lavender Moon' and embrace the unintended design :)

Latest posts

Back