Lavender & mint

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MGM

Reaction score
Here is a M&P I made to use up the FO and EO blend that I'd mixed up for my CP shampoo bars--until I read that that particular FO accelerated trace. The bars are kind of strange looking (and my photography does not help): I wish I'd made the green layer darker so you could see it as distinct from the lower clear layer. The embeds I found hanging around my supplies and they happened to be lavender, so I threw them in. They're half-spheres, so some of the time they sit on their side and when cut, look like lovely circles. Most of the time though, they fall on their backs and don't look like much. On the other hand, the bars smell GREAT and they're a scrubby fresh and fragrant bar (they even contain menthol for extra tingle!) so I can't complain too much. They'll do the job.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-10 at 8.20.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-10 at 8.20.13 PM.png
    417.3 KB · Views: 51
I agree they look really nice. A question about menthol. Ok so i go the gym alot and have always wanted to try menthol in cp soap and hoped it would give a cold effect that my pain relief bars did. i know its a wash off product and i know all about the avoid those areas stuff but does it tingle to the extent that it could maybe give temporary muscle soreness relief?

Really? I think they look very strange. But the lavender buds on top got glassy looking and they look like they're gold-plated, so that's a cool effect. Re: menthol....I've never put it in a soap before, so I will let you know what it feels like---because they're M&P, I could take one to the gym with me tomorrow for instant results!!! I, too, make muscle bars with menthol and they give a nice tingle, but it's hard to imagine you'd get much in a wash-off product. I'll let you know though...put enough mint in ANYTHING and you're gonna feel it! Personally, I love menthol in my lip balms, but some people think it's just too much.

Really? I think they look very strange. But the lavender buds on top got glassy looking and they look like they're gold-plated, so that's a cool effect.
I think quirky is the word you want? Strange (like you say) but in a nice way? Hehehe
I was thinking that too about the lavender buds, that they look golden to me, hence it makes it look even better I think ;)

I think quirky is the word you want? Strange (like you say) but in a nice way? Hehehe
I was thinking that too about the lavender buds, that they look golden to me, hence it makes it look even better I think ;)

Unfortunately there isn't much gold sheen IRL, just in the pic. Tell you what though: they smell great! SO CRISP!

I agree they look really nice. A question about menthol. Ok so i go the gym alot and have always wanted to try menthol in cp soap and hoped it would give a cold effect that my pain relief bars did. i know its a wash off product and i know all about the avoid those areas stuff but does it tingle to the extent that it could maybe give temporary muscle soreness relief?
Not sure about menthol... but I used to get a Dr. Bonner liquid castile soap that had a lot of peppermint in it (EO I guess), and that was quite ticklish. I liked it in the morning because it definitely woke you up, but I doubt it would have provided too much muscle soreness relief.

Not sure about menthol... but I used to get a Dr. Bonner liquid castile soap that had a lot of peppermint in it (EO I guess), and that was quite ticklish. I liked it in the morning because it definitely woke you up, but I doubt it would have provided too much muscle soreness relief.

You get a like just for having a cat in your profile picture. Mine have just been thrown out my living room so i can have some peace and quiet think they are doing a noisey protest and finding literally anything to play with in the noisiest way possible its because they got left outside for a few hours while i was making a big batch of soap.

I made some peppermint and eucalyptus eo soap a few weeks ago and iv just tried it in the shower but doesnt even tingle smells absolutly lovely but not even a slight tingle maybe its because i did a blend and not just peppermint. Im tempted to try menthol cystals dissolved in alcohol or whatevers advised to mix it with not sure it would dissolve in oil

I made some peppermint and eucalyptus eo soap a few weeks ago and iv just tried it in the shower but doesnt even tingle smells absolutly lovely but not even a slight tingle maybe its because i did a blend and not just peppermint. Im tempted to try menthol cystals dissolved in alcohol or whatevers advised to mix it with not sure it would dissolve in oil

Menthol crystals dissolve in water, oil, alcohol...anything! It's a little spooky....

You get a like just for having a cat in your profile picture. Mine have just been thrown out my living room so i can have some peace and quiet think they are doing a noisey protest and finding literally anything to play with in the noisiest way possible its because they got left outside for a few hours while i was making a big batch of soap.

Oh poor cat!!! :)

Back