Lavender layers and a new mold

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Finally got around to making a couple tall skinny 1 lb molds. Couldn't decide what kind of soap to make so I had my daughter pick colors and a scent.

Decided on a lavender scented three color layered bar. My daughters first top swirl and of course, glitter makes everything better. Can't wait until this one is cut.

2m2dk7r.jpg

35j0cqx.jpg

It looks really little doesn't it? Its 6"L x 2.25"W x 3.50" T.

I've removed it from the mold and peeled the paper back to take a look, not sure I'm crazy about the layers but the colors look really nice. I personally would have done a hanger swirl but my daughter wanted more defined layers.

EDIT: a little sneak peek

who5k5.jpg

s2605c.jpg

Here it is!

2d2d1yd.jpg

2lc2x40.jpg

Wow those are nice. I really like the look of tall bars like that.

Yeah, I really like the tall ones too. I'm going to make these my standard size which means I'll have to make a couple bigger molds.

Very nice! I've been wanting to try making a tall soap in many layers for some time...this was a good reminder of that. :)

Those are gorgeous. I also love that tall look and it seems so nice for layering. I'm will to bet a tiger stripe would look great in that, oh or the hidden feather!:idea:

Thank you all:) I've been wanting to do a tiger stripe, maybe my next salt bar I'll do a green and white tiger.

Thank you. From the bottom up I used: Titanium dioxide, matte lavender ultramarine and Neon Bunch Berry Purple Dye Powder. Both purples are from whole sale plus. The neon powders are some of my favorite colors.

I may have to get her to help with the next design since she did so well with this one. Trouble is, she really isn't interested in making soap and its like pulling teeth to get her to come over and help.

Back