Lard & Lemongrass

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dawni

Reaction score
So after my fiasco with my first attempt at using lard and micas in CP, I needed to HP using my beloved natural colorants to feel better. Haha

This soap has 60% lard, 20% olive oil, 15% coconut oil and 5% castor oil. Scented with a blend of lemongrass, tea tree, cypress and black pepper with a hint of spearmint. Smells awesome if you guys haven't tried it.

Superfatted and colored separately. Turmeric infused rice bran oil, not including the powder in the bottom of the bottle, for the very pale yellow. The darker color is neem and moringa powders also infused in sweet almond oil, shaken up to include the powders. Poured alternately, and a very simple swirl using a chopstick.
_20190207_205006.JPG

_20190207_204931.JPG

Now I'm back to my happy. Very pleased with the results and it was a very easy recipe to soap with.

I think my calling is HP with natural colorants lol not CP with micas.

Thank you all!
They turned out great. I like the green.
Yes, I think they did, too. I like these more earthier colors for myself.
the green is really nice! congrats on such lovely smooth bars with HP. and the EO combination sounds delicious. :)
It smells great! And thanks, I've been working with HP towards getting that balance of smooth yet with minimal shrinkage from using more water than required.
SO smooth! And delicate colours, too....NOT pastels :p
Lols yes no pastels, but after making these I realize that maybe I'm using far too less of the micas.. What threw me was the raw soap batter was dark enough, didn't think they'll lighten up that much. Here I more or less got the color I was going for in the pot.

Back