Just saved a batch!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apurwa

Reaction score
Hi All,

Last week i made a batch of soap and it didnt turn out well. even after waiting for a week the soap bars were not hardening and the enitre batch had an oily feel to it. So after waiting for a week i was going to throw away the entire batch when an idea suddenly struck me. I collected all the semi solid bars, crushed the lumps into smaller pieces and reheated that mass.

Within minutes that thing started to look like a batch at tracing. And finally i could nicely pour it back in to molds. This time it behaved well and looked very much like a good soap!

I am thrilled to save a batch...the bars are hardening well and very soon i will be able to unmold good solid bars!!

such fun to get something good from a batch that had previously gone bad!!! However i still donno what is it that i have done? Is it what soapers call "rebatching"?

The pic of the saved batch is below..

p3140023.jpg

Awesomeness! Glad you could save it! :D It sounds like a basic rebatch to me. When you're rebatching, you're just trying to fix what went wrong with it the first time. That's what you did, so I'd call it a rebatch. :)

You were lucky to get it to a "pourable" consistency, and to get it so smooth.
I'd rather chew my hands off than rebatch, so I don't do it. But I've never had any success either.

Latest posts

Back