June 2021 SMF Soap Challenge - Garden Inspired

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look great @Nona'sFarm! I haven't really tried piping (once on cookies and maybe once on soap). I am like you - I need a push to motivate me to work on it. Sadly, although this challenge would have been the perfect reason to do it, I didn't.
Thanks! (Must be in good company when it comes to needing that little extra push.)

My experiment with soap dough, confetti, embeds, and a M&P lake. I envisioned a field of flowers that went as far as the eye could see with a lone tree as a destination point. My plan was to create some hills and valleys so the design wouldn’t look so flat. I also wanted the lake to span into both green sections.

No hills because the tree was so heavy it sank as soon as I placed it and when I pulled it back out and tapped the mold to get rid of the air pockets all my hills went flat too.

I had to switch molds after I made my 'tree sculpture' because the tree was ginormous and the mold I planned to use was not tall enough. Unfortunately, I had already cut the length of the tree to fit the first mold which was shorter in length so I ran out of tree! That's why the tree on the right looks like it's in the clouds.

Because of the size of the tree, this turned out to be the largest bar of soap I've ever made: 5 1/2" tall x 2 3/4" wide!

2.jpg

My experiment with soap dough, confetti, embeds, and a M&P lake. I envisioned a field of flowers that went as far as the eye could see with a lone tree as a destination point. My plan was to create some hills and valleys so the design wouldn’t look so flat. I also wanted the lake to span into both green sections.

No hills because the tree was so heavy it sank as soon as I placed it and when I pulled it back out and tapped the mold to get rid of the air pockets all my hills went flat too.

I had to switch molds after I made my 'tree sculpture' because the tree was ginormous and the mold I planned to use was not tall enough. Unfortunately, I had already cut the length of the tree to fit the first mold which was shorter in length so I ran out of tree! That's why the tree on the right looks like it's in the clouds.

Because of the size of the tree, this turned out to be the largest bar of soap I've ever made: 5 1/2" tall x 2 3/4" wide!

View attachment 58828
They’re cute!!

I won't be entering a soap. Other projects required my attention and I postponed the challenge soap too long. The phases already made will work well in another project that I am working on, so it will not be wasted.

The soaps in the entry thread so far are quite lovely to look at; congratulations to every one. Thank you for the challenge, @szaza.

I'm glad your soap is not 'wasted', because it sounds like you put a lot of effort into it already! I'm still very curious to see the final result!

My entry is out of the mold, waiting to harden just a bit more so I can cut it. This has turned out to be a busy couple of weeks (my daughter is back in the States for a while and wants to do all.the.stuff, plus drama at work), and inspiration never really struck. I fear my entry will be seen as rather literal, but it’s ok.....I got it done and so far I still think it’s pretty. 😊

I won't be entering my soap. Besides not turning out at alll what I envisioned, I ended up forgetting my garden-inspired ingredient! I'll still post a pic once it's cleaned up. Very rainy, hot & humid here and my soap has been soap the past few a attempts so it's still somewhat soft after 5 days.

Latest posts

Back