It's overheating!! Can I fix it?!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NatureandNurture

Reaction score
Once a batch starts to overheat, can it be 'repaired' by putting it in the freezer? Or is the damage permanent once it begins? This is a milk/honey soap.

one of mine overheated and cracked right in the middle. i uncovered it and smooshed the cracked part back together and was able to save it. there is only the tiniest mark where it overheated.

I actually don't know about the freezer. I put mine in the fridge if they are overheating.

I've uncovered, scooted away from other things, even lifted it out of the wood so it's just taped in paper, and just had a little crack on the top. Milk soap though? Only started it in the fridge. You may be able to slow it down some though. Freezer might be ok for a few minutes, but don't forget about it in there!! :D

I'm a little concerned about it freezing, so I moved it to the fridge now that it's cooled down a good bit. I doubt it'll be gelled at this point, but oh well.

It's now a tan color with very dark specks across the top. I figured those were the soap trying to weep from overheating, that's why I was panicking.

Back