It's Friday, time to make some Tea Tree Sage OO/CO Soap!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheesenoodle

Reaction score
So here is the plan:

Just olive oil and coconut oil soap
Sage leaves from the garden
Tea Tree oil

Not sure about the oils yet - 75% OO to 25% CO?

1-3% Tea Tree oil (maybe less, I don't have much)

Sage leaves - as much as possible
Probably powderized in a coffee grinder or very very finely chopped
I have a feeling it could be scratchy

Any input in this before finalizing this evening would be much appreciated.

I also wanted to decrease water in this batch to discourage warping and dry faster. Usually do 38% water but what is a good water discount, 35%? 30%? Not sure.

Will probably do 16-32oz batch but only have probably 60-100g of NaOH to work with.

Thanks Soap Making Forum!!

im not sure about sage leaves, they may get brown looking, what about a tea tree and ad sage fo?

I was also thinking about browning, luckily these soaps are not gifts, we will use them, although it'd be cool of they stayed green which might not be likely.

So ill probably stick with the sage leaves, I think it'd be cool to have them in there and there are a lot of sage leaves from the garden anyways. Plus I sort of have a rule about no fragrance oils in my soaps! A good way to force sage leaves being in the soap!!=]

Moringa could become a good food source and nutritional supplement for children and pregnant mothers in the developing world. Moringa tree is best known for its endless supply of food, one of the most original uses of the plant has been to treat water and waste water.

spammy link deleted by mod team

nerissa said:
Moringa could become a good food source and nutritional supplement for children and pregnant mothers in the developing world. Moringa tree is best known for its endless supply of food, one of the most original uses of the plant has been to treat water and waste water.

Spam much?

To the OP, your soap looks great, very earthy and natural. I like the sage leaves on the top - Did you dry them first? If not, make sure they dry out quickly now, they could molder.

I use TT oil at 3% in my soap recipe.

Back