Face/Acne Soap and Superfat Levels

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just wanted to bump this to thank the people who recommended the oil cleansing method. With much trepidation I took the plunge and I don't think it's exaggerating to say that the difference has been transformational. I made a quarter castor and 3/4 apricot kernel with about a mL of tea tree oil in 4 oz total. I'm using it as directed at night, and in the morning I rub it on before I get into the shower and let the shower steam it for the duration before washing it off at the end with my tea tree and AC soap. The difference in my skin is really amazing; I almost can't believe it. That layer of oil is great when shaving too (also in the shower).

Thank you all!

I just want to toss in my experience. I did the ocm and it destroyed my skin. Took about two years to get under control again and I still have red marks and Milia a bit from it . It's not for everyone thats for sure. I tried different oils at different points too. Ugh. I really like aha products

BG- I'm glad you tried it! It's not as scary as it sounded, right? Glad it's working for you.

BG- I'm glad you tried it! It's not as scary as it sounded, right? Glad it's working for you.
Oh it was scary. ;) But after the very first time I tried it - just removing the oil with a warm cloth and no soap - the fact that my skin felt tight and clean was amazing. Like your mind almost doesn't want to accept it.

I'm still using the salicylic acid as well, but what used to just barely keep my forehead from looking like pizza (and sometimes failing) now seems to be a final, perfecting touch. I've had just one tiny breakout in the last week where I used to have at least 4 or 5 at all times.

Sorry to hear of your experience, lubella. Maybe it depends on your skin type? I have (or maybe had as it seems to be improving radically) very, very oily skin. Been that way my whole life, but breakouts were never a problem until the last few years. It's still early days, but so far this is the only thing I've found that has had any success at all.

Yah it's cool how things work differently for other people! So glad you found something that works. Adult acne is so frustrating

Latest posts

Back