ITP (air bubbly cut pic added)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmyW

Reaction score
I have got to start working faster. I got just to emulsification and by the time I was half through pouring it was getting too thick. HOPEFULLY this one still turns out ok. I like the top at least lol

Scented with Peak's Mountain Lake. The colors (ultramarine and oxide) gave me some trouble and refused to completely dissolve, the colors would be darker if it had cooperated.

Inside:

IMG_2015-copy.jpg

On top:

IMG_2022-copy.jpg

Oh, Amy, I think it looks fab. The texture and swirl in that second photo are beautiful. Goes perfect with Mountain Lake.

Nice swirls.
I never tire looking at soap pics.
Hope it cuts good for you.

Thanks :) I'll update when I can't stand it any longer and cut. I just made it this morning but in addition to being unable to wait to cut, I'm unable to wait to post ;) I'm hoping it'll be good to cut this evening.

hehehehe, i'm no good at waiting either :)

looks fab so far, gorgeous colours and swirl and i too can't wait to see it cut :)

Amy the soap looks beautiful and my recipe is so similar........Emulsifies and then bam it is thickening up.............good for sculpting the tops but not as good for swirling I have to work really effectively to get a swirl going :D Cant wait to see your next batch

AmyW said:
Thanks :) I'm eager to do this again and have it work out just right, particularly get the colors to dissolve right (I need me one of these http://www.brambleberry.com/Mini-Silver ... P4721.aspx), and have everything set up better so I can work quicker and have no bubbles.

That's a clever tool. Must add to my wish list.

I use a latte frother. Works well but cost more than that little gadget.

The air bubbles aren't that big a deal. I think your soap came out very well.

I keep looking for a latte frother in Target, Walmart, etc. but haven't found one yet. I may have to buy one from Brambleberry.

Your soaps turned out beautiful. Love the colors & swirls.

Really gorgeous swirl, despite the thickness :D and I really kind of like air bubbles, as long as they're not huge or too many... it adds to the appeal of handmade ^^

As for the milk frother, you can get one on amazon for 1.99, 4.99 with free shipping if your total order makes $25 (all items that qualify for free shipping) HTH!

So pretty! Love your choice of colours and the swirls.

I don't have a problem with air bubbles. I think it's just another thing that makes our home made soap so special!

Back