Is there a thread with favorite online vendors

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kniquy

Reaction score
I am new to the world of soaping and was wondering if there is a thread (haven't come across one yet) which provides a collection of reputable online retailers that people like. Retailers who stand behind their products, provide quality products and have overall good feedback from the community. Aside from using Amazon and reading reviews on there I feel blind not knowing which soap making supply retailers I should be shopping at.

I know bramble berry is one i have watched videos from and would like to purchase some of there products, but who else is out there that you like and for which products? I feel it is always good to shop around for a good deal, but sometimes that good deal doesn't mean a good product.

I am new to the world of soaping and was wondering if there is a thread (haven't come across one yet) which provides a collection of reputable online retailers that people like. Retailers who stand behind their products, provide quality products and have overall good feedback from the community. Aside from using Amazon and reading reviews on there I feel blind not knowing which soap making supply retailers I should be shopping at.

I know bramble berry is one i have watched videos from and would like to purchase some of there products, but who else is out there that you like and for which products? I feel it is always good to shop around for a good deal, but sometimes that good deal doesn't mean a good product.

I like Bulk Apothecary. They have a huge inventory and ship fast. There'salso a paragraph or two with each item describing what it is and where it came from. I get their monthly newsletter with suggestions about growing your business.

Their prices are good, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Nature's Garden, WSP (when they have a sale), Soaper's Choice (larger quantity of products), Elements Bath & Body, Nurture Soap Supplies (colorants, molds, some fragrances).

We have a shopping recommendations section: https://www.soapmakingforum.com/forums/shopping-recommendations.30/page-2

I've ordered from BrambleBerry and Majestic Mountain Sage but shipping is higher and a bit slower since they are on the other coast. I try to shop closer to home as it saves on shipping and time. I've ordered from Bulk Apothecary and they were okay.

I like Wholesale Supplies Plus for sales and Camden Grey essential oils. You might also check the "Shopping Recommendations" section.

We have our own fragrance review chart:
https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/fragrance-oil-review-chart-link.47182/

Which is kind of an indirect way of find suppliers.
Generally speaking - are they a company that caters to soapers, or a company that caters to candle makers? If they have a picture of a bar of CP soap with the fragrance or color in it - they are soap people. There can certainly be crossover, but lots of good candle FOs fail in soap - or may not even be skin safe.

I also like a company that lets users post reviews, which is very helpful.

My favorites:

Wholesale Supplies Plus - they have some of everything. They don't have pics of performance in CP, but they have reviews so you can check what other customers think.

Brambleberry - reviews, pictures of product in CP, will openly say if a product is not suitable for CP.

Nurture Soap - pictures, reviews. Also color orders over $35 ship three in the contiguous 48.

Camden Grey (for essential oils, butters, exotic oils)

It really depends on what your shopping for. One company that comes to mind is paris fragrances. She has great quality of butters and about anything you could want and great prices on them. And she often ships the same day. I highly recommend her for these, however I would run far away from her fragrance oils. Learned an expensive lesson from that experience.

Here's my list of vendor I use on a regular to semi-regular basis:

-Liberty Naturals for essential oils

-Soapers Choice/Columbus Foods for soaping oils/butters/fats

-Brambleberry for certain FOs, EOs, colorants, additives, molds, KOH

-MMS/TheSage for certain FOs, EOs, lip balm flavors, lip balm making equipment, specialty butters, additives, containers/packaging

-Oregon Trail Soapers Supply for certain FOs and certain butters

-Wholesale Supplies Plus (WSP)/Crafter's Choice for certain FOs, packaging

-Nature's Garden for certain FOs, lip balm flavors, packaging

-Elements Bath & Body for certain FOs, lip balm flavors, packaging

-Soapalooza for certain FOs

-Rustic Escentuals for certain FOs

-Bitter Creek Candle Supply for certain FOs, Vanilla Stabilizer (theirs is the only one I'll use), candle-making supplies

-Nurture Soap Making Supplies for certain FOs and colorants

-TKB Trading for lip stick and lip balm making supplies, colorants, packaging

-Lotioncrafter for lotion-making ingredients and equipment.

-Essential Depot for NaOH

-Peaks for certain FOs (with the caveat that I haven't ordered from them since the company went through a rocky re-structuring last year, so I can't personally vouch/verify that their service is on the same excellent par as it used to be.....but I mention them because I love a lot of their FOs)

-SKS Bottles & Packaging for all sorts of bottles/packaging

There's probably few that I'm missing, but I'll add them as they come to mind.

IrishLass :)

Here's my list of vendor I use on a regular to semi-regular basis:

-Liberty Naturals for essential oils

-Soapers Choice/Columbus Foods for soaping oils/butters/fats

-Brambleberry for certain FOs, EOs, colorants, additives, molds, KOH

-MMS/TheSage for certain FOs, EOs, lip balm flavors, lip balm making equipment, specialty butters, additives, containers/packaging

-Oregon Trail Soapers Supply for certain FOs and certain butters

-Wholesale Supplies Plus (WSP)/Crafter's Choice for certain FOs, packaging

-Nature's Garden for certain FOs, lip balm flavors, packaging

-Elements Bath & Body for certain FOs, lip balm flavors, packaging

-Soapalooza for certain FOs

-Rustic Escentuals for certain FOs

-Bitter Creek Candle Supply for certain FOs, Vanilla Stabilizer (theirs is the only one I'll use), candle-making supplies

-Nurture Soap Making Supplies for certain FOs and colorants

-TKB Trading for lip stick and lip balm making supplies, colorants, packaging

-Lotioncrafter for lotion-making ingredients and equipment.

-Essential Depot for NaOH

-Peaks for certain FOs (with the caveat that I haven't ordered from them since the company went through a rocky re-structuring last year, so I can't personally vouch/verify that their service is on the same excellent par as it used to be.....but I mention them because I love a lot of their FOs)

-SKS Bottles & Packaging for all sorts of bottles/packaging

There's probably few that I'm missing, but I'll add them as they come to mind.

IrishLass :)
That was an incredibly helpful post thank you! Looking for some new suppliers!

Back