Is it possible to work with fragrance discoloration

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Kosmerta

Reaction score
I have the Warm Flannel fragrance oil from Bramble Berry and it smells wonderful. It is noted on the website as having a dark brown discoloration in cold process. I actually want my soap to be a rustic brown- red because that is what I think of when I think of flannel. I have Dark Red Brazilian Clay (which is really more dark orange) and Magenta mica also both from BB and I'm wondering if either or a combination of these would be able to tone the soap to a dark red. Does anyone have experience working with discoloration like this?

shunt2011

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Over powering the brown discoloration is pretty difficult without a VS. I generally leave some of the batter unscented and then color that a different color and swirl them together.

BattleGnome

Reaction score
I have used warm flannel with colors in m&p when it first came out. The bars didn’t last long enough to see if time would play a factor but initially the colors turned out perfect with no discoloration.

If you don’t gel and warn potential giftees yo may get a few months of true color before the browns overpower everything. That’s a big might though, I haven’t used the fragrance in CP

Latest posts