Is carebear a cuddly Teddy bear?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOVE it. Can you send me a version with just the little guy that I can use as my avatar? And the print file as well.

Sweet!

Actually, what I most appreciate about carebear is that she's not particularly warm and fuzzy. She maintains appropriate boundaries, calls people on their BS, and offers useful correctives when misinformation is propagated, no matter how minor. You couldn't ask for better qualities in a moderator of a forum about a craft which has the potential to be dangerous for both practitioners and end users.

I've been on the receiving end of corrections from time to time and she was right to call me on my errors.

Thanks for all you do!

wow.

thank you for getting where I'm coming from. :)

(we really DO need more smilies!)

judymoody said:
Actually, what I most appreciate about carebear is that she's not particularly warm and fuzzy. She maintains appropriate boundaries, calls people on their BS, and offers useful correctives when misinformation is propagated, no matter how minor. You couldn't ask for better qualities in a moderator of a forum about a craft which has the potential to be dangerous for both practitioners and end users.

Ditto, to everything you said, and I especially like how she adds a good dose of dry wit/humor to some of her corrections that often leave me laughing out loud in spite of myself. (Don't tell anyone, though- I've seen her warm and fuzzy side come through at times. Shhhhhh, mum's the word :wink: )

IrishLass :)

IrishLass said:
judymoody said:

Ditto, to everything you said, and I especially like how she adds a good dose of dry wit/humor to some of her corrections that often leave me laughing out loud in spite of myself. (Don't tell anyone, though- I've seen her warm and fuzzy side come through at times. Shhhhhh, mum's the word :wink: )

IrishLass :)

Yes, I was going to add that what I wrote applies to the public forum persona that I see here. There's probably a whole other side that I know nothing about! :D

Well, I have 2 kids who obey me, but still love me. Course they are still young...

Carebear, you have young kids? That ruinens my cute little onry lady sipping her tea reading the forum image.

You own beehive soaps don't you.

Ken I will tell you are wrong. Carebear could be anyone...the person serving you at the supermarket,the person next to you on the bus,she's an Enigma I tell ya. However I will tell you she is not an ornery old lady sipping tea in her rocking chair. I'll tell you something interesting about her that I've learned over the years...she used to live close to Jon Bon Jovi. I'll never forget her telling me that!
This is a funny thread LOL

Perhaps your right. Perhaps she is Jacob. Lost reference for you all!

:twisted:

Well, the "Where's the Beef" lady I'm not.

But I AM old enough to remember that advertising campaign, if that helps. LOL

My online persona is very close (in my opinion) to my RL persona - what you see is what you get.

(Tho I am (relatively) kind to small children and animals.)

kbuska said:
Carebear, you have young kids? That ruinens my cute little onry lady sipping her tea reading the forum image.

You own beehive soaps don't you.

LOL, I have to admit that in college my then BF told me he could picture me as an old lady sitting in my rocking chair on the front porch. I wasn't quite sure how to take that (still am not).

No, I don't own beehive soaps. Would love to have bee hives, though (my town won't allow them).

ChrissyB said:
I'll tell you something interesting about her that I've learned over the years...she used to live close to Jon Bon Jovi. I'll never forget her telling me that!
This is a funny thread LOL

That's funny. Bon Jovi used to frequent a deli where I worked one summer. I tried to be nonchalant about it. Probably failed.

You should make a Carebear avatar with a stickblender on it's tummy for when you are answering random soapmaking questions, and use the Carebear with the fighting swords for when you have to administer some soapmaking justice!! Hee Hee! This thread cracks me up. :lol:

Latest posts

Back