Inspire Me - Soap Making Game

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was a fun one to make. I don't normally use the burgundy rose for anything but plain one color soap since it does accelerate but it worked to my advantage with layers. The poured layer set up nicely before I had the next color mixed and scented so the layers should be fairly level.
I expect this recipe to set up quickly, I'll probably cut this evening.

Cannabis (because I love that FO from NG) doing a hanger swirl with copper mica and chrome green oxide (based off the bud colors... I mean I have no idea what buds look like :angel:)

I will have to put my list up tonight once I get home.

I have:

Dark chocolate, turkish mocha, cannabis, gingerbread, tutti fruity,orange and mango, eggnog, dirt, vanilla black raspberry, vanilla frosting, sleigh ride, tobacco, santas pipe, applejack & peel, hot apple surplus

eos: cedar, anise, peppermint, eucalyptus,

colours:

maddar, alkanet, rosehip, white kaolin, charcoal, paprika, tumeric, turkish coffee, chrome green oxide, ultramarine blue, copper mica, and forest green mica

I can do layers, a mica line, a drop swirl, an in the pot swirl, and a hanger swirl

Last edited:
So, I discovered that burgundy rose FO and coconut milk is a super heater. Soap went into full gel in under a hour with no insulation at all. Had to pop it in the fridge but it still overheated a little bit. Quite a bit of glycerin rivers but I like the look.

Thanks for the challenge, I would have never chosen layers or this combo of colors. It turned out really nice I think, added a bit of rose petals and glitter since I can't make pretty textures on top.

2jaxc49.jpg

29c8m5f.jpg

4vldna.jpg

So, I discovered that burgundy rose FO and coconut milk is a super heater. Soap went into full gel in under a hour with no insulation at all. Had to pop it in the fridge but it still overheated a little bit. Quite a bit of glycerin rivers but I like the look.

Thanks for the challenge, I would have never chosen layers or this combo of colors. It turned out really nice I think, added a bit of rose petals and glitter since I can't make pretty textures on top.
I think it looks great!

Very pretty Obsidian!!

Ok, here is my list:

Cool cucumber wsp
BB cedar and saffron
WSP blackberry amber
WSP bubble gum
WSP barbershop
WSP urban cowboy
WSP cool water
NG cool water
Wsp Asian plum
BB herbal essence
Wsp honey almond
BB kentish rain
Wsp Jasmine
BB green tea
BB sun and sand
WSP Pink
WSP dragons blood
WSP dream angel
BB energy
WSP cherry almond
WSP VS Men
WSP white tea
WSP vs her
NG sweet pea vanilla
NG almond
NG hummingbird
NG deadly weapon
NG rain barrel
NG beer (if picked will be a beer soap)
NG French lavender
NG knockout
NG money
SOS Candies Type
NG couture hotness
NG basil sage mint
NG rosewood
NG biolage matrix

Log mold

Micas- all colors imaginable

Can do ITP, drop swirl, spoon swirl, ombre, mica lines, hanger swirl, zebra swirl

I can't wait to see how the cannabis fragrance does after cure! Please report back, pretty pleaseeeeeeeeeee

What does the cannibis fragrance smell like, I'm in CO and all I think of is that skunky smell...not pleasant for washing...

Cannabis flower from NG doesn't really smell skunky. It's more floral than anything. I don't really detect notes of the real deal in there but my friend said she can smell just a little.

This thread is a lot of fun to follow. There are some amazing soaps in here! I'm slowly getting my basics down, and this is definitely inspiring me to try new things!

What does the cannibis fragrance smell like, I'm in CO and all I think of is that skunky smell...not pleasant for washing...

The one I have from WSP smells grassy and earthy and a little bitter, like damp hay kinda

I like it in low concentrations, and blended

I dont actually have any experience with the real deal but the reviews all say it smells true

Back