Inspire Me - Soap Making Game

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a failed soap batch, a crazy week at work (and its only Tuesday), my ac in my house, and work not working. I need some soapy inspiration.

I'd like a recommendation for a soap to make (CP or HP). I've got lots of new FOs and additives I'm just having a soapy brain fart. Help? I plan on making it tomorrow.

New FO
Christmas pine (smells great!)
Storm (masculine)
Lilly and sea moss (smells floral and not at the same time)
Rose
VS very sexy
Apple (smells like bubblegum to me)
Fireplace (smells like "old" smoke, have blend w/orange, cedarwood, cigar, and pine in mind)
Lavender chamomile (very floral, bug soaps nice)
Violet bouquedt (parma violet)

Have:
Loaf mold
Slab mold
Piping tips (for cupcake soaps, ect)
Various colors (although I'm running out... Just ordered more)

Sorry if I'm only supposed to request inspiration once in this thread. I can also provide inspiration if someone still never got theirs.

ETA:

I also have cucpcake molds, chopsticks for swirling, shimmery mica,

Last edited:
Sorry if I'm only supposed to request inspiration once in this thread. I can also provide inspiration if someone still never got theirs.

I think jules92207 was up next on page 15. So let her know what to do. :)

If no one comes back to you by this afternoon, I'll hop back in... need to figure out what I've got for supplies.

I got it from mikes fragrances. Its only $2.50 for once ounce. It smells like old smoke to me, not a fireplace. It would be good for a blend. He has flat rate $7 shipping on all fragrance oil orders. I can give you some good recomendations for his FO's if you want. Some fragrances are a defnite dud though.

What I have:

Fragrances:
BB:
Crisp Anjou Pear
Champagne
Crisp Cotton
Love Spell
Sea Moss
Ocean Rain
Moonlight Pomegranate
Tobacco Bay Leaf
Lime
Spearmint Eucalyptus
Oatmeal, Milk & Honey
Almond Biscotti
Vanilla Select
Beau Brummel
Salty Mariner
Dragon's Blood
Fresh Mango
FO blend of champagne and lime

WSP:
Verbena & Lemon
Black Raspberry Vanilla
Rosemary Mint
Love Spell
Windsong Balsam Pine
Warm Vanilla Sugar
Vanilla Bean Noel
Sandalwood Vanilla
Fresh Vanilla
Deluxe Vanilla
Oatmeal & Honey
Vanilla Buttercream
Clove fo

EO's:
Lemongrass
Spearmint
Tea Tree
Cinnamon Bark
Clove Bud
Fir Needle
Eucalyptus
Rosemary
Tangerine
Grapefruit
Patchouli
EO blend of cedarwood, tangerine, and white grapefruit
EO blend of lavender and tangerine
EO blend of lemon, litsea and anise
EO FO blend of eucalyptus, tea tree, and sweetgrass

Colors:
Matte lavender ultramarine
Neon blue
Neon pink (2 shades)
Neon coral
White sparkle mica
Ivory lace sparkle mica
Copper sparkle mica
Brown sparkle mica
Black sparkle mica
Turquoise
Sunshine yellow mica
Pink and red sample assortment from Nurture - carnation pink, poppy red, high risk red, Mandarin red...ok there's a lot of colors here

I also just ordered a bunch of purple, blue and green colors from nurture and the vibrance sample set.

Edit to add - completely forgot about my rose hip powder, spirulina powder, alkanet root powder, rose kaolin clay, and bentonite clay.

I only have loaf molds right now, seriously in need of new molds.

Let me know if I'm missing anything, I am open to anything so challenge me!

Ok Jules,

Maybe you could do a complementary color swirl with a stark purple (maybe a mix of neon pink and neon blue?) and sunshine yellow mica. Any kind of swirl will do. This will be poured on the bottom 3/4th. The top 1/4th would be irovy lace sparkle mica for color. Maybe you could do a pretty swirl on just the very top (just to see it at the top of the bar) with the purple and yellow too!

Scented with Rasperry vanilla from WSP, I looked it up, not supposed to discolor or accelerate, and one of either lemongrass, lime, or lemon verbena (whichever you think will play nice).

I think that would be a fresh but sweet blend!

What do you think?

Ok Jules,

Maybe you could do a complementary color swirl with a stark purple (maybe a mix of neon pink and neon blue?) and sunshine yellow mica. Any kind of swirl will do. This will be poured on the bottom 3/4th. The top 1/4th would be irovy lace sparkle mica for color. Maybe you could do a pretty swirl on just the very top (just to see it at the top of the bar) with the purple and yellow too!

Scented with Rasperry vanilla from WSP, I looked it up, not supposed to discolor or accelerate, and one of either lemongrass, lime, or lemon verbena (whichever you think will play nice).

I think that would be a fresh but sweet blend!

What do you think?

Oh sweet! Totally not a mix I would have thought of, I love it!

On it... :thumbup:

I'll be hopping back in soon as my work project is almost completed. I have a big milestone later next week. <fingers crossed the users accept everything>

Made my soap last night. I had stuck a cotton swab with the BRV and Lemon Verbena in a jar overnight and when I came back to it last night I fell in love with the combo. What a delicious blend.

Not sure my design came out as good as I planned. My top batter got thicker/heavier faster than my bottom so we will see when I cut it if it sank some. I also think my measurement was a bit off so I think I had less top batter then I had planned.

We shall see....

Still too soft to cut entirely but here's an end cut. I did a spoon swirl, I was hoping for a more layered look but with the weight of the top layer it definitely sank the bottom layer down a bit. Best of all is how much I love this blend!

1434863956303.jpg

I had other plans actually, I was thinking a drop swirl but in the moment a spoon swirl just felt right. I only wish I was better at layering, we will see once I cut into it if any had a nice even layer but I'm guessing probably not. Lol. Still it was really fun to make and I thinks this blend will become a staple for me. Its amazing how much depth the verbena lemon gives to the brv once together. Really awesome!

Latest posts

Back