Quantcast

I'm back, sorta..

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

freshwater pearl

Reaction score
if no one noticed my absence, it's fine, since i'm relatively new here, but I was forced to take my 13 year old and leave my home shortly before Christmas- I was married for 23 years to a husband who is losing the battle with alcoholism. Right now I'm not in a place where I have my own kitchen, so my soapmaking will have to go on hold, but we are safe and doing well, except for the flu at the moment. :( I also started a new job recently- back in skin care, I'm the esthetician in this salon : sanashairdesign.com so if any of you are ever near the D.C. area, stop in and say hi! And if you have a myspace, I made one detailing some of my salon services-http://www.myspace.com/esthetics_by_kerry- please feel free to add me. Hope everyone had a good holiday and is having a safe and happy 2008.
Hugs,
Kerry

dragonfly princess

Reaction score
I was wondering to myself where you were?? I am sorry that you are in that kind of situation. I am glad you are safe! Hope you get back on your soapin feet soon! Take care

CPSoaper

Reaction score
You know, I wondered where you were. Good to hear that you and your child are O.K. Alcoholism is such a destructive disease. I grew up with my mom and stepfather who are both alcoholics. Because of their alcoholism, I have nothing to do with them which is sad since they are both old and I know I will never see them again. I just can't and won't deal with this disease. I'm sure it was hard for you to leave, but I think you did the right thing for both you and your child. As a small child, I at least had my grandparents on my Dad's side of the family who watched over and loved me with all they had. But without them, I don't know what my life would have turned out like. It sounds like it is a good thing that your child has you to look after them. :)

Hopefully 2008 will be good to and your child. Good luck with the new job. :)

freshwater pearl

Reaction score
Thanks you guys, the support really helps. I know that leaving was my only choice- it's going to be rough, since I had to pretty much leave everything, so we're starting from scratch, but it wasn't going to get any better. It's good to be back though. :D

Soapmaker Man

Reaction score
I'm glad you are safe and your child is safely with you. That is the very most important thing. I hope and pray the best for you and your situation. I was looking at a few of your posts the other day and was wondering where you went. Be safe! :wink:

Paul

freshwater pearl

Reaction score
Thanks, it's good to know that someone noticed that i went missing! I have an 18 year old as well as my 13 year old, but she's not living with me at the moment- she's with friends. It's just good to be out of the chaos that addictions of any sort cause in families. I tried to help my husband, but he's too far gone at this point, I'm afraid, so I am focusing on my son and myself. To anyone living in a bad situation- get help, get out. I stayed way longer than I should have, but better to leave now than never. Life is too short to live unhappily.

Chay

Reaction score
Kerry
We have a lot in common. I have dealt with alcoholism in my past as well. It is a tough and frightening battle. I am also an Aesthetician.
I wish you the best in your new life, keep us updated on how you're doing.

gallerygirl

Reaction score
Glad both of you are safe. I know it is a difficult time, and although it is an ending, it is also a new beginning. You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you heal and move forward.

Latest posts