ice cube tray samples?.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honor435

Reaction score
i wondered if anyone did this for samples? either cp or hp, and how did they come out of the molds? Hubby says dodnt so it, they wont come out.
I thought is would be a cute way to give out samples, if they come out easily.

I would think that if you popped them into the freezer for half-hour to an hour, they should pop out right. I have done this for other molds that were not lined and much less flexible than an ice-cube tray, and those came out just fine.

I have some really cute little heart ice cube trays that I use & they're silicone, so really easy to pop out. I have been looking at the regular ice cube trays that I have. Seems like everything I look at, I think, "Hmmmmm...could I use that for a mold?"

You never know until you try. 8)

I have used silicone ice cube/choc mould trays which are excellent to remove the soap from....I also bought a plastic drawer insert with different width spaces which make cool sample bars - I simply slice the resulting mini log into single use pieces....I do have to line that though and I just use baking paper.

Tanya :)

I bought little dot ice cube trays with flexible silicone base, they pop out no problem. Used them with CP soap and now have 36 dots that I don't know what to do with. :roll:

Jeremy said:
I bought little dot ice cube trays with flexible silicone base, they pop out no problem. Used them with CP soap and now have 36 dots that I don't know what to do with. :roll:

Use them as a topper or embeds.

Yeah, that's what I thought of, I have a couple in some soap right now as an experiment, it's Lavender soap with orange spots, not very attractive but it's what I had available. I sorta went over the top with E/O's and F/O's but forgot about colour.

I had trouble getting soap out of the ice cube trays, even when using the freezer. I got some silicone candy molds from the dollar store. I thought I would give them a try. My silicone muffin pans work well with soap.

Latest posts

Back