I tried something new ???

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abigtroutt

Reaction score
Today I made a new smaller batch of soap. I bought a used smaller pot at a yard sale and I tried a new mold I had at the house.

The soap I made was a Olive Oil and Cedarwood and heres how it went.

Olive oil 68.75%
Coconut 25%
Beeswax 6.25%
Super fat 5%

Hardness 30
Cleansing 17
Condition 60
Bubbly 17
Creamy 13
Iodine 60
INS 145

At trace added 2 tsp cedarwood EO and 1 tbsp of seaweed powder (for Green color)

as for my molds, you see I was hungry ......lol

Any ideas on how this soap will be?

I've made a very similar soap and I love it. My boyfriend really likes the cedarwood scent. I find that my olive oil soaps are very soft and mild on the skin.

The only problem I find with high olive oil content soap is that it takes a lot longer to harden and it has a tendency to 'melt' if you leave it in a wet soap dish.

it'll be lovely if you give it about 6-8 weeks to cure. (what concentration was your lye solution?)

I'm wondering - does seaweed powder add a seaweed smell?

abigtroutt said:
Today I made a new smaller batch of soap. I bought a used smaller pot at a yard sale and I tried a new mold I had at the house.

The soap I made was a Olive Oil and Cedarwood and heres how it went.

Olive oil 68.75%
Coconut 25%
Beeswax 6.25%
Super fat 5%

Hardness 30
Cleansing 17
Condition 60
Bubbly 17
Creamy 13
Iodine 60
INS 145

At trace added 2 tsp cedarwood EO and 1 tbsp of seaweed powder (for Green color)
ttp://img88.imageshack.us/img88/9834/1001027uw7.th.jpg[/img][/URL]

Any ideas on how this soap will be?

They look great!! I like more lather than I think your soap will yield. You can up your bubbly & creamy numbers by adding a just a few oz of Castor oil. You'll see a big difference in your lather!!

topcat said:
I would love to see pics of your unmoulded soaps - is that an egg carton you used in one pic? :lol: I love lateral thinking!

Tanya :)

So, is it unmolded yet?? :D

Tonight I will cut and post pic's. I too cant wait !!!! :D I also made 2 additional soaps Lavender / Oatmeal and Peanut Butter and Chocolate. I hope to cut and post pic's also !!!!

abigtroutt said:
Tonight I will cut and post pic's. I too cant wait !!!! :D I also made 2 additional soaps Lavender / Oatmeal and Peanut Butter and Chocolate. I hope to cut and post pic's also !!!!

Droooling!! :lol:

mmmmm.... that does sound yummy. My sister and I have made a Christmas Chocolate Soap (chocolate/mint) and although everyone loves the scent they keep telling us they would eat it but wouldn't bathe in it.
:cry:

Here are the pic's !!!!! :D :D Very happy with the round molds, but note to self???????.....Egg Carton not a good choice :( lol will make a good rebatch...

There is no seaweed smell just cedarwood...cant wait to get clean..

Latest posts

Back