I need a new mold

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obsidian

Reaction score
I'm looking for recommendations for a new mold. Needs to be a silicone tall and skinny 1 lb. Either free standing or a liner for a wooden mold. Good quality please, no cheap imports.

They aren’t inexpensive, but I like the mold I got from Mighty Molds very much. You can check them out on FB or PM JoeyG here. Keep in mind that they are still, as far as I know, still prototype molds so the outer edges need to be planed if you want a perfectly smooth bar. If you don’t care, the sides are just lightly textured. I’m fine with that.

I actually have one of the prototypes too but I'm not a huge fan of the size. The bars are not quite skinny enough and the overall size is too much, I want something with smaller volume.

I might end up needing to have a custom mold made but if I do that, I think I'd rather have a couple liners made for wood molds.

I've had a lot of issues lately with my mighty mold, my soap is taking too long to set up and unmold.
Soap that should be ready to unmold in 8-12 hours is taking 24-48.

@Obsidian I’m sorry to hear that. I haven’t had any problems with my soap not setting up as usual. If you weren’t having those problems, I would try to find a way to section part of the mold off for less volume. Personally, I like the size. I get four 1.25” bars if I only use one side. I remember seeing some clear acrylic molds somewhere. Etsy, probably and you could most likely get one custom made. It isn’t anything you would use with a liner though, and wouldn’t tolerate the heat of CPOP, so not ideal.

Latest posts

Back