I need a fragrance that doesn't discolour the bar...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lioness

Reaction score
Hi all I need a fragrance that doesn't discolour the bar as its for 65 wedding soaps and she needs it to be a white as she can get it. I am doing my normal recipe that is unscented pretty white. I know a few that don't discolor because of the lack of vanilla but I have known a few discolour because of having some orange scent or for other reasons...I buy my scents from Voyager here in BC but I could order it...thanks everyone...

What fragrance are you looking for?

You could also use a cp vanilla stabilizer and some td. Those should keep the soap white for a short time. Eventually they may turn color though.

Yes I just wanted to keep it simple without having to add anything else...I have soaped with Aniseseed oil and peppermint and they stayed white but I wanted to give her more options...I am not so good with getting the TD to not leave little white dots... :oops:

Have you registered for the Soap Scent Review Board? Lots of information about non discoloring scents there.

http://soapscentreview.obisoap.ca/index.php

Most EOs don't discolor, patchouli and citruses being exceptions.

I have found that black raspberry vanilla (despite the vanilla in the title) does not discolor. The one from Peak Candle and from AHRE are both good.

Latest posts

Back