I must be stupid...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimplyE

Reaction score
K-I ordered some twist up deodarant tubes a couple of weeks ago. Well, I have my lotion bar mix ready to pour, and I open up the containers, the entire base has holes in it :x Kitten Love? How am I supposed to pour in my liquid lotion bar? Please, enlighten me.

x

:shock: can you maybe tape the holes shut? (masking tape)

or are you saying you have to pour thru the holes?

The base of the tube has holes in it. You know, the part that is supposed to twist up. I thought about tape, but then I would not be able to get the tape off once the tubes were filled. They look like regular deodorant tubes, but the base has holes. How stupid is that??? Fortunately, I have some miniature tubes that will work. They are 1/2 oz rather than 2 oz. Am I nutz?

carebear said:
are they the ones designed to be filled from the bottom? like...

http://www.naturallybalmy.co.uk/ourshop ... nd160.html

YES!!! I did not think that was what I ordered! That is a lot of pipettes :shock: What a dumb a@@ I am. How do you fill those to 2 oz with just pipettes? What a PITA.

Thanks for straightening me out, carebear. Now I can truely say that yes, I am stupid :oops: Next time I order, "read the fine print!"

Though I must say that according to that description, there are only two holes. However, the tubes that I have are loaded with holes...

SimplyE said:
carebear said:
are they the ones designed to be filled from the bottom? like...

http://www.naturallybalmy.co.uk/ourshop ... nd160.html

YES!!! I did not think that was what I ordered! That is a lot of pipettes :shock: What a dumb a@@ I am. How do you fill those to 2 oz with just pipettes? What a PITA.

Thanks for straightening me out, carebear. Now I can truely say that yes, I am stupid :oops: Next time I order, "read the fine print!"

Though I must say that according to that description, there are only two holes. However, the tubes that I have are loaded with holes...

They expect you to sit there for three days filling these things with a pipette? I must be nuts too, because that seems very time consuming. I like that you get the nice dome at the top when you're done but....whew. Do you think that because it's TONS of holes in the bottom, you're supposed to just pour over the holes and then wipe clean when done? I haven't made these yet, so that may be a stupid statement...lol. Sorry, E. Buy and learn. I've done that a few times, myself.

As I look again, there are only two holes big enough for a pipette on the bottom or outside of the tube. Then, you have another section, the base that actually twists up, and it has a bunch of holes. So no, there is no way to just pour through the base. Love the dome idea, but would love to hear if there is a better way to use these tubes. Probably not for lotion bars...

Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure most deodorant tubes have holes in the bottom... on the thing that eventually comes up to the top. I think they help the product stabilize, otherwise, the last part would slide off as you tried to use it.

Just a thought...

Will the tip of a Wilton's cake decorating squeeze bottle work?

Look here: http://www.sks-bottle.com/CakeDeco4.html

I just saw a demo at a Soap Meeting where the demonstrator said she orders those bottles from Wilton's to fill up her lip balm tubes. If that tip is small enough, that would be perfect!

I like the idea of the dome shape on top so if someone knows the answer, please let me know!

That is a good suggestion. I think the tip widens too quickly though to get that deep. I will look closer at the tube. Something like that would be great because as fast as the oils cool, you could just pop it back into the micro when it became too hard. I do think the tip might need to be narrower and longer, though.

Back