I made a royal mistake...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Done! Hand wisked and immediately became pic #1
Added fo to come to a total of 2 oz, already had 28gr/1 oz.
Wisked more and looked curdled. Pic 2, see side of pot
SB 15 seconds and went to light medium trace asap. Got so freaking hot! I soap by feel of the stainless pots and it felt ok, but, either it super heated or it was too hot in oils. Reached 160 F. Panicked and had someone replace an empty trash bag in case it volcanoed.
Split base into cup, colored main batter, and poured. Did a drop of base and hanger. Because it was curdled it plopped out even though trace was descent. Plopped batter onto my skin over my top lip. Stopped, cleaned, and finished. Hot still! Watching it.
Side note it isn't ricing I'm pretty sure, there was no binding clumps like ricing, just curdles.
And by the time I got this typed it cooled dramatically. May even cpop!

20160214_155942.jpg

20160214_160218.jpg

20160214_161234.jpg

Wow, you got it into the mold and it looks really similar to your inspiration one. Sweet!

Thx! I couldnt resist and hanger swirled the base into sea green. Sigh. Wasn't build for elegant simple soaps. Love this color, though. Unfortunately if the white blobs on top are any indicator, the white base on top (no TD) hangered into sea greeny will not show well as it didn't on the tops.
In full gel. I preheated 170, put in, and forgot to turn off! 80% gelled after 10 minutes, gah! Pulled out, turned off, cooled and back in another 10-12 minutes in oven off. Think almost full gel, back in a few min to complete.
Thank you again EVERYONE for your help!!!!!!

Hats off to you lp for thinking outside the box! Looks like you turned the royal mistake into something lovely and who knows maybe you'll actually want to repeat it. Pretty sure I would have just chucked it or ended up with a gallon of lotion!

Hats off to you lp for thinking outside the box! Looks like you turned the royal mistake into something lovely and who knows maybe you'll actually want to repeat it. Pretty sure I would have just chucked it or ended up with a gallon of lotion!

I dont know what happened. Phones acting funny. The above post was for snappy. I told you, and now it's missing, doriettefarm: thank you (and thx snappy for the oomph I needed to go for it). Doriettefarm, I'd have chucked it had it not been for a confirmation of this possibly becoming a soap. What a hassle, but if it works, how cool will that be? !?!
Sorry, phone froze multiple times earlier while typing.

UPDATE-
I cut it at 430am. It was soft, but able to be cut without incident. There's fo seepage, but that's not unusual. I was concerned about waiting too long. The stearic is only an 11, and my typical stearic content ranges from 6-10, but it's been as high as 12. I was mainly concerned with the ewax, being an unknown. No swirls, just white blobs lol. Ugly, but soap and zap free!

Ok, it's a lotion feel to the soap and surprisingly doesnt leave a drying feel after less than 24 hours. No, in fact, it felt soft on the hands afterwards. Lotion feel could be the lard admittedly. It's going to need a long cure of course, and is still indented with a finger poke. It does lather well for excessively high water, though not wonderfully, and hopefully will lather better in several months.
Pic 1 soaps.
Pic 2 weird white blobs in the plain base, lotion seperated out???
Pic 3 lather. 14-16 hours after made and NOT drying in the least surprisingly.

20160215_113022.jpg

20160215_113109.jpg

20160215_093801.jpg

That came out awesome and looks like it's lathering well for a newborn soap with high water. I like the look of the white portions... do they have the same texture as the rest of it?

Thx everyone! Yes snappy, it seems too. A tad more vaseline like in base than in white within the base. Maybe it's down to a partial gel issue.
Note to clarify, not sea green, but tiny white pure blobs in the base color of soap tinted uncolored. Just in case I was confusing anyone:)

Snappy, deeanna, seawolfe, carolyn, doriette, arimara, susie, shunt...I will personally send you all a bar after water loss diminishes greatly, granted there are no dos of funkies that develop, and IF interested/IF not allergic. Just ask for precise (as best as I could) measurements if concerned.
PM me and expect a summer giftie! Maybe late summer lol:wink:
If you contributed to this thread in any way, I am more than grateful. Too much for one gal, so I'll share. If i dont hear a yea or nay, I'll pm the offer to be sure you passed it up intentionally :)

Omigosh clouds! That is SO pretty. You may be onto something wonderful here.

Edit to add: waving grabby paws here!! :D

I like how the final turned out. Nice job troubleshooting and being brave enough to try to fix it. Great job! Unfortunately, I had nothing to contribute to your achieving this.

Latest posts

Back