I love soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marianne1

Reaction score
Hi people I have reignited my obsession for soap. My scales finally arrived ,along with my Jasmine oil yesterday ,so this morning I put together one of my old soaps. I combined sunflower ,coconut, palm,soybean, grapeseed, and canola,oils and used organic aloe juice for the water and scented it with tea tree with violet ,jasmine,and roses. Well I forgot my thermometers,judged it all by touch and it was like riding a bike,thankfully. Right now it's out there jelling away with nothing on it but plastic,I've never quite figured out why this mix of oils heats so predictably and consistently,does anyone know? Thanks Marianne P.s. I really enjoy reading all your stories here. I soap because I love chemistry ,and good quality ingredients but some of you here amaze me your soaps are real works of art, no wonder I see many posts complaining some friends just display them ,it's no wonder to me.
:)

Welcome back to our favorite addiction! Yes, some of the soapers on here make works of art....I wouldn't even want to use them they are too pretty. The one thing about is forum is there are soooooo many great ideas, pictures and stories that you can get caught up for hours just reading.

soapbuddy said:
Welcome back! I find florals can heat up a soap batch.

I second that motion. I used my first floral FO today and was shocked. Sure does smell good, though!

Thanks everyone I never thought of that ,I was thinking oils not eos. The soap after only one day looks different than a few years ago. I just figure all the sources and brands are different,I'm not sure. Years ago my notes say the appearance after 24 hrs a pale creamy white with a slightly green caste. This soap ,same recipe exactly now after 24 hours couldn't look more different,it's a pale amber colour with an almost translucent quality ?????

Back