I hit thriftstore GOLD! WOO HOO! (Pics)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlchemyandAshes

Reaction score
I just wanted to share <ahemBRAGahem> the AMAZING finds I found yesterday at my local Goodwill...
First, I found a BRAND NEW LIGHTBOX for $3.16!!!

[attachment=4:2vuupbrk]Lightbox_2.jpg[/attachment:2vuupbrk]
[attachment=3:2vuupbrk]Lightbox.jpg[/attachment:2vuupbrk]
[attachment=2:2vuupbrk]Lightbox_3.jpg[/attachment:2vuupbrk]

I know a lot of people make their own, which was my intentions, but then I found this! I may have squealed out loud in the store...I don't remember. The endorphins were too high and I think I lost consciousness when I saw the $3.16 price tag.

Next, I found these great Rubbermaid canisters - small ones were $1 and large ones were $2...so about $13 for 9 nice clean nearly new canisters that I will use for my salt blends and herb storage. Oh yes, I made them mine.:

[attachment=1:2vuupbrk]canisters.jpg[/attachment:2vuupbrk]

I also found 2 wooden speaker stands (like for surround sound...about 2ft tall) that I will cover in burlap for displays for $3.16 each. No pics yet, but will update after I cover them. They're perfectly fine black now, but I want to snazz them up my way.

And to totally put you over the edge (of glorrryyyy), about 6 weeks ago, I was at the same Goodwill, survived a tornado (NO JOKE!) and was rewarded by finding a NEW Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer (with attachments) for $30. Yes, $30. No missing zeros. (However, that is for my actual kitchen cooking, not soap. I have an older commercial model for that, though I barely use it. Great for lotions, though.) I need a bumper sticker that says "I FOUGHT A TORNADO AND WON A STAND MIXER!" or "TORNADO - 0 : SHAWNEE - 1" or "TORNADOS CAN'T EVEN KEEP ME FROM A GOOD DEAL".

[attachment=0:2vuupbrk]Stand Mixer.jpg[/attachment:2vuupbrk]

SOAP ON, SOAPERS!
~Shawnee

Attachments

• Lightbox_2.jpg
    Lightbox_2.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 534
  • Lightbox.jpg
    Lightbox.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 529
  • Lightbox_3.jpg
    Lightbox_3.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 524
  • canisters.jpg
    canisters.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 529
  • Stand Mixer.jpg
    Stand Mixer.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 525
OMG! What awesome finds! I nominate you "Thrift Store Queen".

Off topic - I wanted to mention I enjoy your posts because they make me laugh. I have to learn not to take a drink while reading them. Today, I nearly sprayed my keyboard with coffee.

"I accept the nomination of Thrift Store Queen and vow to wield my power with dignity, justice, and frugality!" :lol:
My coronation will be held at my local Goodwill. You are all invited.

Wow! What an awesome find! er, I mean, Huzzah! Thou wielded your mighty scepter wisely, O great Queen, and hast found great treasure!

IrishLass :)

Im so jealous! I always considered myself thrift store queen!!! I specialize more in finding furniture and making it awesome!

FYI, I just ordered that very same light box from ebay for $40...figured since I am a photographer I better get my hiney in gear and produce some respectable soap photos and quit being so lazy.

Congrats on the finds!

Thanks be to you, my loyal subjects and friends of the realm! I bestow upon your worthy heads the protection from beasty wee soap gremlins and furthermore wish you thrifty endeavors. And in the words of the great Marie Antoinette: LET THEM MAKE SOAP! (She did say that...right?)

:lol:

I think this Thrift Queen business has gone to my head...along with the lye fumes... :twisted:

dirrdee said:
Im so jealous! I always considered myself thrift store queen!!! I specialize more in finding furniture and making it awesome!

FYI, I just ordered that very same light box from ebay for $40...figured since I am a photographer I better get my hiney in gear and produce some respectable soap photos and quit being so lazy.

Congrats on the finds!

Dirrdee, Soaper of the Realm: In honor of our mighty kingdom of thrifty soapers, I crown thee Princess of Thrift. If thoust shalt find a better deal than my $30 New Kitchen Aid, I shall accept my dethronement as Queen, and shall forever after be known as The Dowager Thrift Queen.

:lol: Oh my bejeebus, I can't stop...

Alchemy&Ashes said:
First, I found a BRAND NEW LIGHTBOX for $3.16!!!

Noooooo, SHUT UP, GIRL! Wait 'til I tell dh. I've been wanting one of those things for a couple of years now. Have my eye over at eBay on one. Go 'head with your bad self, S. This was some good news! :mrgreen: :D

P.S. See, Tampa Bay area is tres cool. I need to hop on over there check out some thrift stores (Sunshine Thrift to begin with and then head on over to the deli on S. Dale Mabry where the cake is omg orgasmic).

Lyric said:
P.S. See, Tampa Bay area is tres cool. I need to hop on over there check out some thrift stores (Sunshine Thrift to begin with and then head on over to the deli on S. Dale Mabry where the cake is omg orgasmic).[/color]

Are you talking about Wright's Deli? :shock: Absolutely yes, you MUST try them :shock: ...be warned - it's a small place and gets crowded - but totally worth it!

Man, now I'm hungry... :mrgreen:

Alchemy&Ashes said:
Lyric said:
P.S. See, Tampa Bay area is tres cool. I need to hop on over there check out some thrift stores (Sunshine Thrift to begin with and then head on over to the deli on S. Dale Mabry where the cake is omg orgasmic).[/color]

Are you talking about Wright's Deli? :shock: Absolutely yes, you MUST try them :shock: ...be warned - it's a small place and gets crowded - but totally worth it!

Man, now I'm hungry... :mrgreen:

yah, man. When I flew in from Ohio a couple weeks back I HAD to go there. Finally got to share it with dh. He liked his piece OF COURSE. That cake is so scrumpdeliiiiiishous I would drive the hour or so from here to there just for a piece. Oh yeah. :lol: :mrgreen: :wink:

Back