I have never seen this addressed on here and maybe I missed

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bama

Reaction score
it but does anyone ever use Vanilla extract in their soap for fragrance? I am asking because a new soaper is asking me and I just don't have a anwser

Yanno, I was thinking about this a few days ago. What do you think about letting the extract sit in an oil and let the alcohol evaporate out? I may have to test this out and see if it works. :D

Before you decide to experiment with vanilla extract, use the search function, type in "vanilla and extract", select CP Soap Forum in the Forum box and you'll find several discussions about vanilla extract. (I just did this and it was interesting.)

Re: I have never seen this addressed on here and maybe I mis

Bama said:
it but does anyone ever use Vanilla extract in their soap for fragrance? I am asking because a new soaper is asking me and I just don't have a anwser

Hi Bama,

I'm very new to soap making ( only just started 1 month ago and have so far only made about 10 batches ) but I used Vanilla extract in on of my batches and it seemed to ooz out of the soap. The recipe was all OO so then I rebatched it and added another EO, this time Wild Strawberry, and the soap turned out great. Really hard little blocks that look like chucks of caramel.
( When my daughter gets home i will see if she can upload a picture of the finished product for you to see. I don't know how to do that just yet. )

I used once a combination of "extracts", but didn't really like how the combined smell turned out. Maybe it was my mistake.

They didn't contain any alcohol - I checked the label (those baking flavors that you buy at the store).

I believe the term vanilla extract refers to an alcohol-vanilla beans infusion. Some people have found that the vanilla scent isn't noticeable in the soap.

I am not sure what kind of extract or flavor you are referring to ...

Latest posts

Back