I DuB Thee 'Honeyed Ale'

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Between you and R&R I am going to die! HOW do you get those fluffy swirls on top!!?? I use a skewer, maybe that's why things are so thin looking? Your soap is to die for! Great job!
I agree, I love this top. Looks like it may have been done with a spatula? I do mine with a little whisk :p

Thanks!
Only Can it can be done with homemade beer? And You say you've used cream "When mixing I added 3.5oz of cream that had 1 Tbsp of honey mixed into it" I that's just when I'm lost :eh::eh:

Between you and R&R I am going to die! HOW do you get those fluffy swirls on top!!?? I use a skewer, maybe that's why things are so thin looking? Your soap is to die for! Great job!

For my fluffy tops as well as this one I use a Craft Stick. It looks just like a popsicle stick, only its Jumbo size. I got a big box of them at Wal-Mart some time back. They are super handy to have around for mixing colors and doing the tops. And they are disposable!

You know what a great way to practice this is?? Get a container of frosting from the store. Heat if for a few seconds in the Microwave and then scoop it all out on a plate(or a cake:grin:) And then practice away. I used to bake to sell for years and that has really come in handy with this soapmaking.

Thanks!
Only Can it can be done with homemade beer? And You say you've used cream "When mixing I added 3.5oz of cream that had 1 Tbsp of honey mixed into it" I that's just when I'm lost :eh::eh:

Pilar, I used homemade beer from my husbands co-worker. It worked great! I also know other people use beer from the store.

The CREAM is whipping cream. It is cows cream. The kind you can put in your coffee or whip up and put on top of dessert :) I warmed the cream, just a little and then stirred the honey into it so I didn't get any clumps of honey in the soap. Hope that helps!!

Pilar, I used homemade beer from my husbands co-worker. It worked great! I also know other people use beer from the store.

The CREAM is whipping cream. It is cows cream. The kind you can put in your coffee or whip up and put on top of dessert :) I warmed the cream, just a little and then stirred the honey into it so I didn't get any clumps of honey in the soap. Hope that helps!!

ahhh! ohhh! You're referring to the cream sold in box and mounts for sweets! And of course cream without sugar because honey has already enough, no? Do you believe that if I use a yogurt will equal the result? I have no home cream ...

ahhh! ohhh! You're referring to the cream sold in box and mounts for sweets! And of course cream without sugar because honey has already enough, no? Do you believe that if I use a yogurt will equal the result? I have no home cream ...

Yes, you are correct. I don't know about the yogurt, I have never used it.

I do what I used and it was Greek yogurt with sugar. Well, this weekend I will make this soap that I will surely not as beautiful as yours! But I'll have a memory of you! Ah, I cover my soaps with transparent paper and I cover for that gel. I have understood that honey does not need to cover the molds, is it so?

Last edited:
I cut the loaf this morning. It was nice and firm! And the pumpkins & leaves were popped out of the mold yesterday! I have never had a batch go through the stages so fast! There are so many neat swirls! They are all a bit different. I love the color!

2013-04-05_07-25-28_992.jpg

2013-04-05_07-23-45_35.jpg

2013-04-04_23-01-19_235.jpg

I hope you are feeling proud, because these are truly fine. I love the ones from the loaf mold. Is this a melt in pot swirl or maybe hanger?

Those look so yummy! Like melting caramels swirled with some cream. Oooh, like making homemade caramel sauce! Yeah! (Okay, I did have lunch but no sweet stuff.) :)

dear friend.
I think I have it all
Recounting:
25oz beer instead of water.
3.5oz of cream with 1 Tbsp of honey. But the calculator we used in Spain is very different and I do not know how much soda buaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Latest posts

Back