I DuB Thee 'Honeyed Ale'

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngelMomma

Reaction score
I hope I didn't bite off more than I can chew. This soap I just made has homemade beer, cream and honey as part of the ingredients. So far so good.

2013-04-04_16-28-13_628.jpg

2013-04-04_16-27-44_213.jpg

omg i want! Seriously I might have to try to make some for myself. Hubby made a batch of beer that he bottled in plastic bottles and now it all tastes plastiky. So I have approx 30L of beer to use up in soap.

omg i want! Seriously I might have to try to make some for myself. Hubby made a batch of beer that he bottled in plastic bottles and now it all tastes plastiky. So I have approx 30L of beer to use up in soap.

Well, it should still make good soap though. I say go for it!

I don't know if you can see the color variation but I split the batter. I added some vanilla infused oil to the darker part and TD to the lighter. So I'm hoping the darker part deepens in color a little. Right now it looks SO MUCH like caramel!!!

Maybe we should have some caramel popcorn this evening, lol.

It was nice for sure. I used one of my recipes that has almost 50% Olive Oil to try and slow down any acceleration that might have happened.

I just popped it into the freezer to slow things down a bit.

It was nice for sure. I used one of my recipes that has almost 50% Olive Oil to try and slow down any acceleration that might have happened.

I just popped it into the freezer to slow things down a bit.
yeah, my beer soap recipe tends to get hot so I let it gel. I can watch it do it's thing right through the clear mold. Soap is facinating :)

WHOA! Its already about 80% gelled, even being in the freezer. I did like Genny recommended and waited about an hour, then popped it in there. It had just started showing VERY slight signs of gelling at 1 hour. It was warm, but surprisingly not HOT yet.

I would rather soap than jump out of an airplane or take a rollercoaster ride :D

This is a basic recipe I just tweeked to use it with the homemade beer.

48.68% Olive Oil
23.03% Lard
18.42% Coconut Oil
9.87% Castor Oil

I made a 76oz(oils) batch. 2 beers came to 21oz then I added a few oz to rinse the beer container that I had it freezing in so that came to 25oz total. When mixing I added 3.5oz of cream that had 1 Tbsp of honey mixed into it.

I scented it lightly with a blend of Essential oils. Use what appeals to your nose :)

I split the batter about 2/3 and 1/3. I added TD to the smaller portion and 1oz of vanilla infused oil to the larger portion.

Good luck and show us pics of your version if you try it!

Between you and R&R I am going to die! HOW do you get those fluffy swirls on top!!?? I use a skewer, maybe that's why things are so thin looking? Your soap is to die for! Great job!

Latest posts

Back