I did it! Made My first real Castille soaps!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azimuth

Reaction score
:) Such a proud moment! I made a 2 lb batch @ 35% lye concentration, unfragranced, no colorants, nothing else in it but olive oil - hand stirred for 5 minutes, stick blender for a minute, and this all took me about an hr just to reach a light trace. My oils got to about 100, my lye water @ 80, so I thought it seemed about right so I dumped it in my mold and hoped for the best. This morning, it's hard as a rock and mold is very warm - not hot, so I guess we will see how this turns out….

I wouldn't delay too long before cutting. With a water discount and gelling, it can get very hard quickly.

Really? Cause I have to wait DAYS and a freezer to unmold my high olive oil soaps...and even after I unmold them, I have to wait a little longer to cut.

They don't get rock hard for at least 12 weeks...now coconut soap is another story. If I do a 100% CO, I have to unmold and cut within 12 hours. If I do my go to CO/shea, I can wait a full day.

@Hazel - Thank you dear………

oops… I tried editing my spelling and it double posted… oh well..

Back