I did it.. CPHP.. and thats no CROCK ...with picts

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wonderland said:
does anyone know if the soap will darken over time or will it stay that lovely color?

Unless the vanilla part of the FO was non-discoloring, yes it will darken.

The second batch I made was a 6 pounder. The molds I have been using are tupperware silverware drawers...lol I found at a thrift store...and they make awesome molds.

This time I used French green clay to make the green and added yellow color to a small batch I pulled from the 6 pounds. The FO I used was Bonsai from Oregon Trail. I used 3 oz and it is strong!! It smells awesome but next time I will cut the Fo some.

Here are some pics......Thanks for looking and sharing with me!

abigtroutt said:
mandolyn said:
wonderland said:
does anyone know if the soap will darken over time or will it stay that lovely color?

Unless the vanilla part of the FO was non-discoloring, yes it will darken.

The vanilla was the non discoloring

perhaps you can show us some updated pics of them in a couple of weeks?

Awesome tutorial

Txs for sharing the tutorial ABtroutt.:eek: I agree with what another poster said you should make, YouTube tutorial video, to share with other soapers. I'm so inspire by your experience now to go out and find me a crock pot (what size was that btw and is it electric!?) from Goodwill and try my hand at CPHP now. (CPHP=Cold Press Hot Press,for those that don't know).

Re: Awesome tutorial

Cattleyabubbles said:
Txs for sharing the tutorial ABtroutt.:eek: I agree with what another poster said you should make, YouTube tutorial video, to share with other soapers. I'm so inspire by your experience now to go out and find me a crock pot (what size was that btw and is it electric!?) from Goodwill and try my hand at CPHP now. (CPHP=Cold Press Hot Press,for those that don't know).

When I found my crock pot I was luckey to find an electric 5 quart crockpot by Rival. Nothing fancy just with 2 settings low and high.

I've never put anything on Youtube...., but maybe I'll just have to try? When I do i'll post the web link!

Thanks

Great Job!

You did a great job in showing all of us how to do it with all of your pics.
It looks beautiful. I love your swirls.

I only do CPHP. I've been toying with the idea of cold process but CPHP is so easy (no temps to watch, shorter curing time) that I just can't stop doing it. I know you can get more interesting swirls with CP, but I just love CPHP.

BTW, your soaps are beautiful!

Hi there, glad I could help. HP is all I do for the last 8 or so years. Its nice being able to sell it right away if needed. I messed up my last batch of Pomegranate. I was so upset I started tearing up. It was to go into Christmas baskets for gifts and sales. I added the scent too early and the scent flashed off. I was in too much of a hurry. I've done that about 3 or 4 other times in the past years. Isnt it fun though? I love it when it starts to volcano. Please show us some pics of the cut bars. Mamabird

In that case, I'm taking the plunge tomorrow after church. My daughter is leaving for Florida to march in the New Year's Parade at Disney and DH will be watching football. Hopefully he won't notice if I blow up the kitchen!!! :D

flowerburst said:
In that case, I'm taking the plunge tomorrow after church. My daughter is leaving for Florida to march in the New Year's Parade at Disney and DH will be watching football. Hopefully he won't notice if I blow up the kitchen!!! :D

FlowerBurst! What an honor, you have to be so proud of your Daughter! I hope she has a wonderful time!

Good luck on the HP! My muse has never led me there, maybe one day...

Your cut bars are beautiful. I do the Double Boiler Hot Process. I have a crock pot. Paybe I'll try that next. I like your swirls. As I said in my last post, I flashed off the pomegranate and it was so yucky I tearfully threw the whole log away. I put the scent in and continued to cook when I should have gloped it in the molds right then. The intense heat killed the scent. If you find a good lavender or blue color that works in HP, please let me know. After all these years some of my colors morph into a different color.

2oz of FO's. I find that HP hold the sent vs CP. For CP I add .5oz and for HP I add .25oz. The 2oz was strong at first and still has a strong smell I wish I cut it back, plus the FO I used a strong sent

My HP keeps flashing off the scent. I don't know whats going on. This has hapened for the last 3 batches.Maybe I'm cooking it too long. I think I'm gonna try the crockpot for the first time. This is frustrating. :cry:

Once the cooking of the soap is done I super fat the soap then add EO's or FO's and and mix in. Once mixed in I then remove from the pot to the molds....strong sent and no cook off.

Latest posts

Back