I did it.. CPHP.. and thats no CROCK ...with picts

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abigtroutt

Reaction score
I'm so excited that I tried CPHP soap :D I was very confused about the process so I reached out to Mamabird1953 who was my insperation to try this process!!

I also read several threads and several tutorials each had a different way of doing things so I combined them and made up my own rules on the way... :shock:

My first step was to purchase a crock pot and I found this beauty at the Salvation Army Store $9.00 YEA !!!! I love the retro brown !!

Next I measured out all my oils and turned my crock pot on high to melt all the oils

Now all melted oils

Mixed my Lye...I still used cold water :roll:

Lye is ready

Here I mixed my Lye and water with all the oils..I love you dont have to watch the temp of the oil or lye

I mixed until trace...took a long time cause the olive oil... :x

After trace I then cooked the oils and lye mixture on low until it started to boil over the pot :shock: :shock:

So now I started to mix.......

And mix some more....................

OMG and more mixing until all the white soap turned into a thick vasoline where there was no more white soap....OK yes I did the taste test !! The soap was very hot and I cooled it on my glove covered hands and then the taste..... :shock: No 9 volt feeling...just the taste of fresh soap !!!

At this point I super fatted with Grape seed oil 5% and added my FO of Vanilla and Cherry..... :p

I removed some out of the pot and mixed with red coloring for swirls

I then added the red back into the pot

and mixed but not too much

I then added the soap to the new 1 pound and 2 pound molds I found at Goodwill !!

And wow I was done except for the easy clean up !!!

I cant wait to unmold and cut!!!

x

great tutorial for a new cphp! you ought to be doing documentaries! ain't soaping fun! how long before you can take it out and cut? how long to cure?

good job! congrats!

Re: x

heartsong said:
great tutorial for a new cphp! you ought to be doing documentaries! ain't soaping fun! how long before you can take it out and cut? how long to cure?

good job! congrats!

Thank you! From what I understand as soon as the soap is hard in the molds (about 3 hours) you can then take the soap out of the molds and cut. As for a cure time 1 to 2 weeks. The soap it ready to use but the week or 2 is just for evaporation to make a harder bar.

Another thing I learned is when the soap is cooked and goes through the saponification process you then superfat and add the EO's of FO's which make them last longer in the soap.

I hope to cut tonight or first thing in the morning... :p

Congratulations, ABT!

How long did the entire cooking process take? (approximately)

Wow

:lol: :shock: :lol:
I am amazed.
Not only that you did it but that you took photos for us.
One small step for abigtroutt , a giant moon hop for the rest of the soaping fraternity.
Thankyou , curtsying, thankyou,I shall try it too.
:wink:

okay, now my next batch is going to be cphp. You have inspired me the drag the crock pot out of the cupboard. I also like the appeal of not having to watch temperatures. I also have a couple of fo's that have given me seizing trouble, so I will be able to use them!! Yay
Thanks so much for the tutorial :lol:

Here are the pictures of the final product

My cheese / soap cutter

I want to thank you all for watching and reading my adventure! The CPHP is very cool and another fun way to make soap.

The soap came out awesome and smells great. I had so much fun I made my second batch today and I will post pictures tomorrow after I get home from work.

Thanks

They look lovely, ABT.....so pretty and swirly......adore the colour combo and I am sure with your scent combo it smells just as good as it looks. We will love to see your next batch's pics :D

Tanya :)

x

great job on the pics and the soap! the cheese slicer is a awesome idea!!! i see them in yardsales all the time-usually an impractical wedding gift kinda thing...

I gotta try this sometime. They are beautiful!!!! And thank you so much for the pic tutorial.

Digit

Wow! Your soaps look amazing! Looks like you got quite a bit of it, too.
How much, approximately, did your batch make?

kellistarr said:
Wow! Your soaps look amazing! Looks like you got quite a bit of it, too.
How much, approximately, did your batch make?

I made a 5 pound batch.... :shock:

I want to thank all of you for all of your great comments !!!! Making this was so much fun and sharing has been AWESOME. I could have went on and on about the process.

does anyone know if the soap will darken over time or will it stay that lovely color?

Latest posts

Back