I couldn't wait! I made soap...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsanders

Reaction score
I made 2 1# batches (we don't need no stinkin' batches!). The first was all olive oil unscented. It seems castille would be a good one to start with. The second was half olive and half canola scented with sage citrus.

It is too much fun!

My only concerns are the lye and static electricity, humidity and cleanup. I think I did OK and the second batch, I poured the lye instead of using a plastic measuring spoon and didn't seem to have a static problem.

Cleanup I just wiped the stuff down with a rag and put the rag in a plastic bag to wash later and then washed everything in hot water and soap.

Does that sound about right? :)

If you have problems with static, wipe your containers with a fabric softener sheet used for a dryer. That should cut down on the static.

I agree with Soapbuddy. I also keep a sheet inside the box that I store my lye in if I have left overs. I also wipe the container I am pouring into to messure.

Congrats on your soap!!

UPDATE!

my first batch was only olive and no scent. The second was olive and canola with scent. I don't think i let the 2d batch get as far into trace but it is still a good bit softer at this point. Yeah, I know, it's been 6 hrs. I waited too long to check. Patience seems to be a major benefit in this biz. My house smells maaaaaaaaaavelous though. Am I the only guy on this forum? if I weren't ancient this would be a great place to meet girls.

I think I may like this too much.

Re: UPDATE!

jsanders said:
Am I the only guy on this forum? if I weren't ancient this would be a great place to meet girls.

:lol:

If you want to meet girls here, you might want to get rid of the girly flower avatar & find something more manly :wink:

Welome to soapmaking!

Re: UPDATE!

cinta said:
jsanders said:
Am I the only guy on this forum? if I weren't ancient this would be a great place to meet girls.

:lol:

If you want to meet girls here, you might want to get rid of the girly flower avatar & find something more manly :wink:

Welome to soapmaking!
spoken like a true aussie, except i guess you couldn't use the work "blokey" lol

Fantastic that you've made your first soaps and it sounds like you're well on your way to being an addict!

I've never made an olive oil soap ... so many wonderful FO's to try ... but one day I must give this a try.

Just so you'll know, I grow sunflowers on my farm for the seeds! 8)

Don't make fun of me when I change it in the future!

Sunflowers are e a pretty crop when in bloom! A person up the road from us grows them and it is enjoyable to drive by.

jsanders said:

Nothing wrong with sunflowers! But my, what a handsome jawline :wink:

cinta said:
jsanders said:

And may I say you have a striking belly button! :oops:

jsanders said:
cinta said:
jsanders said:

And may I say you have a striking belly button! :oops:

Why thankyou! That's when I was 36 weeks pregnant with bub #4, eight months ago :D

Back