HP OMH question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandra

Reaction score
Going to try HPing an OMH soap. Do I add the oatmeal and honey at trace or after the cook, or somewhere in between?

too many steps on this turorial, way easier in crockpot, there is a utube about crock method. I just turn crock on high, add oils, then add lye/water mixture, then cook for 30-45, til the middle ring is gone, then stir, add fragrance, additives then mold.

ah thanks for the link I thought it was an excellent tutorial and it showed me that I didn't need to spend money (I could use on oil) on a crock pot and that I could use my massive stackable steel round things that I make soap in anyways. I'm out of breath, just made a batch. oh yeah.

Has anyone tried it like that? by stacking the pans? I'll no doubt be trying it soon

I make a slurry of the oatmeal, milk and honey plus the fragrance and jojoba and shea butter to superfat. The oats soak up the liquid so it is pretty thick. I add it after the soap is done cooking. This makes a very nice soap.

Back